Roush Best/Cheapist Place to Buy SLP Exhaust System?

• Sponsors (?)

is your goal to have the loadest exhaust system known to man? b/c thats about all they are. The regular magnaflows, bassani, borlas are much better sounding.

americanmuscle.com has decent prices on them, and free shipping

My goal certainly isn't to be the loudest, but it is to have a nice, powerful, distinctive, cobra'ish sound. I've run Borla, Magnaflow, & Flowmaster and like a little about each but not everything about one. The other day, I was running a '04 Cobra and his car just sounded mean as hell and his setup was: JBA longtubes and SLP the rest of the way back. The cars you have heard with the SLP's, did they have the race mufflers or the street ones or were the mufflers gone all together as SLP allows for that??

I'm still curious, though, as to how the Magnapacks sound.....anyone heard them??

I'm with 677, don't buy it. I've heard it on a bunch of cars, and it's more loud than mean, especially if you run cats. And if you don't run cats, it's just too loud.

I've heard them all, go with magnaflow or bassani.

Well, I installed some SLP Loudmouth II's on the Cobra today and I am pleasantly suprised by what I ended-up with.
I expected to have a very loud car, but it didn't turn out that way. We're still running stock headers/midpipes w/cats and the sound actually has a pretty deep tone, nice rumble at idle, and a very solid sound through the topend.