Best Cold Air Intake

• Sponsors (?)

Someone should sticky this:

A CAI on our cars is not very effective performance wise. They are basically for 'bling bling' appeal. If you are going to get one, it is recommended to buy a plastic one because of the heat transfer. Your best bet is to buy a K&N, drop-in replacement and use the factory tube.

Everything I just wrote is engraved into my head because I have read it so many times. :)

yeh I know it doesnt affect performance that much at all if any, it just was that I went to service my air filter today and its a real pain in the ass to do the way Ford has it set up. I figured might as well get something that looks cooler with a resuable K & N style filter that is easier to serivce and would improve air induction a little bit (not so much the "cold air" which will only be a few degrees cooler in the fender well...what I'm saying is that the "cold air" is negligable(sp?) and if anything the engine will breathe better because of the new filter style not the setup.) Oh yea, and also save me money on air filter replacements in the future.

Get a drop-in K&N, and you won't have to replace it, just clean (recharge) it. It is the best breathing (according to StangNet). Or just buy a MAF adapter, or make one, and put on a K&N filter (or any other filter) that you like. I made a 'CAI' out of stainless steel and am waiting for a 45 degree cupler but if I feel that the stock tube worked better, I will take it off and use it on my truck or something else ....

This should be made into a poll. How many people actually DON'T have a CAI and just a drop in filter. I'd guess it's 98% of people have a CAI despite the hundreds of responses their worthless and spend your money elsewhere. :shrug:

Crzyhrse said:
This should be made into a poll. How many people actually DON'T have a CAI and just a drop in filter. I'd guess it's 98% of people have a CAI despite the hundreds of responses their worthless and spend your money elsewhere. :shrug:

Quoted for truth! :rlaugh:

demolet or JLT are prbably the best. either way, its a lot of money for almost no performance. gotta love the look of some of them tho :D

JLT RAI painted trueblue to match my car: :D

IMG_3002.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3002.jpg
    IMG_3002.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 56
lover said:
HP is minimal between all of the CAIs and you should probably save for the TB & Plenum. But if you do get one, I would probably get the JLT. They are probably the best CAI.

+1 . If you ever get a CAI, get the JLT. Awsome owner, awsome customer service, and an awsome product.
BTW lover, I love your avatar lol. Looks awsome. I guess, because for whatever reason I really like DBZ haha. 20YO and liking cartoons :nonono: :lol:

JLT Cold Air... i like mine... and i did feel an increase in power in the top end... people say its a waste of money and that its only 1-2* cooler but 1-2* cooler mens a little more hp...

and i honestly believe that it is hot as hell under the hood at all times so air from the bottom of the fender is fine for me :)

hotmustang331 said:
+1 . If you ever get a CAI, get the JLT. Awsome owner, awsome customer service, and an awsome product.
BTW lover, I love your avatar lol. Looks awsome. I guess, because for whatever reason I really like DBZ haha. 20YO and liking cartoons :nonono: :lol:

DBZ has been the best cartoon for a while. Goku is kool, but i like Vegetta...
I went all through the Frieza, Androids, Cell, and Majin Buu episodes, but I kind of fell off after that. Really couldn't get into DBZGT. Don't be ashamed. Me and a few of my buddies are married with kids and we all watch it and exchange the tapes sometimes, and we are 30+. So you're good...lol

Goku is in my avatar in another forum with lightning flashing around him...:nice:

DTNODYA said:
Get a drop-in K&N, and you won't have to replace it, just clean (recharge) it. It is the best breathing (according to StangNet). Or just buy a MAF adapter, or make one, and put on a K&N filter (or any other filter) that you like.

Have you looked at Amsoil new Ea Filters? They use nano-fiber technology, are reusable, and are dry filters so no need for reoiling that can also get on the MAF sensor and cause false readings. Good for 100K or 4 years, flow as well as the gauze filters, but filter out about 50x the dust. To clean them you just use a shop vac around 25K. Here's the link to the drop in filter style for stock boxes:

Ea Air Filters

And for the universal filters for aftermarket intakes:

Ea Air Induction Filters

I've held off buying a CAI until these induction filters finally came out. Now I'm leaning towards a JLT, if one of these filters will fit it, based from the feedback I've read here.