Best exhaust set up for our cars?

SLP fit liek a dream, we did the swap in the parkinglot at college. Get some jackstands and a tool to cut your stock exhaust and in 1-2hrs at most you will have a brand new exhaust :) in 2-3 weeks my headers and mid pipe go on YAY! the cops will love me.

• Sponsors (?)

I installed a Magnaflow catback to my existing MRT catted H pipe last week. It had an awsome sound during accelleration, much much better than I was expecting. The sound clips I had heard did not do it justice. BUT, unfortunately I also experienced a horrible drone anywhere near 2000rpm. The drone was bad enough that I took it off this weekend and replaced it with a Ford Racing cat-back. Although most say the Magnaflow does not drone, there have been a few others that did experience a bad drone. I wish it had not because I really liked the Magnaflow sound.

Fitment should not be an issue between the 2.25" h pipe and the 2.5" cat back since they use flanges. Besides a muffler shop should be able to install this no problem should you not want to do it yourself. Good luck and enjoy your new purchase...just be careful around cops.

boomshack said:
Fitment should not be an issue between the 2.25" h pipe and the 2.5" cat back since they use flanges. Besides a muffler shop should be able to install this no problem should you not want to do it yourself. Good luck and enjoy your new purchase...just be careful around cops.

Thanks for all your help man. Greatly appreciated. :)

sixstringthing said:
LOL.... not trying to be negative either, but that's kind of dumb. If you like the sound of a cat-back, your going to go with a different one just b/c your car doesn't have the power you want it to???? ... So then you end up not having the power AND not having the sound you want...

I decided to go with the SLp's because after listening to clips of the Magnaflows I don't think they have quite that muscle car sound(IMO) that I was looking for. The clips probably do no justice but those are the only ones available to me. On the other hand the Loudmouth catback is about the same price and sounded really good. I didn't think getting an exhaust was based on how fast or how many mods your car has, I thought exhaust was one of the first mods most folks do to their cars. :shrug:

sixstringthing said:
LOL.... not trying to be negative either, but that's kind of dumb. If you like the sound of a cat-back, your going to go with a different one just b/c your car doesn't have the power you want it to???? ... So then you end up not having the power AND not having the sound you want...

Maybe I just didn't make myself clear. I know of one particular Mustang in the area that has an X pipe with the SLP loudmouth.

It sounds friggin mean, (really too loud for me) and he runs 14s.
In my opinion, the way that car sounds, it should run 12s at LEAST.

That's like having a loud exhaust on a Honda. It might sound better, but it's still slow.

Clear as mud?

Matt