best exhaust set-up!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Killer95Stang said:
WhiteDevil,

What are you missing from your sig?... like heads?... I'm not saying it can't happen, but I"ve never seen that much power, and those ET's come out of the parts in your sig...

For reference, my car made 180rwhp in bone stock trim...

Very possible. I have stock E7 Heads and even stock headers and have pulled 13.6's @ 100mph on 17" Nitto's...very easy to do. I think I would even gain a little if I switched to the Edlebrock from my Cobra.

Mac Unequal Shorteys, Bassani X w/cats & Bassani Catback.
Car is for sale.

DSCN0107.JPG

I have MAC LT's, catted h-pipe and Super Turbo cat back on my 95. Sounds ok, but not the best. The 89 has BBK LT's, o/r h-pipe, and Ultra Flow cat back...that's the way a car should sound, no doubt. Kinda quiet and burbley at idle, but screams past 3.5K.

MMMMM

J

I just had my new setup installed yesterday.. and let me tell you... IT IS INSANE!!! I have buddies in my club (around 30 mustangs) with every exhaust setup imaginable... and mine is totally different... and awsome sounding.. might be a little louder than I hoped for.. but hey... it gets thumbs up everytime I mash the pedal.. and today I scared the living Shlt out of a LS1 drver at a stop light today...

Combo... MAC Ceramic Coated LT's, Dr. Gas Xpipe, and Bassani Mufflers... has a really nice lope with my cam, and is fairly quiet till 2500rpm... but after 3000rpm hold on.. cause all hell breaks loose...

I'll work on getting a clip.. but I will only email once I do... The last thing I want is this combo ending up on Mustang Xhaust, and having these BX bassani's turn into Flowmasters (every and their mother has them)...

hey killer95stang,

i would love to hear a clip or see a vid. i don't blame ya about only wanting to e-mail it though. i have an o/r h with 3chambers at the moment. how much louder would you say your new set-up is? and the differences? although i am assuming that you had the dr-gas with the 3 chambers instead of and h like me.

thanks alot

Rio95,

The combo I just swapped out was MAC shorties, BBK catted Hpipe, and Flowmaster 3 chamber catback... so it is definitely louder with non catted Xpipe, LT's, and Bassani's... From a scale of 1 to 10... my old setup was 5 at WOT, and my new setup is probably an 8... Its actually a little louder than I wanted... but, I can't get this damm grin off my face everytime I drive the car... The sound is just wicked... A nice deep lope at idle.. and a deep rumble as you go through gears at 2000-2500rpm... but once you mash it.. the car gets a higher pitched Exotic car scream... that just sounds nice... plus their isn't a hint of drone...

Its not for everyone, but definitely different if thats what your after...

I just installed an O/R Bassani X-Pipe with my Bassani Quiet Thunder Catback. It was more than I had hoped for. Turning it on was incredible. It's very deep and exotic sounding. I cruised around for a while getting on it here and there. It's virtually non-existent when cruising at about 1500 rpms or lower. At about 2000 rpms, you can hear it pretty good but after 2500 rpms, it undescribable. It sounds mean and deep. Anyone within 3 blocks could hear you. Good luck on your decision.

JVelt17 said:
I just installed an O/R Bassani X-Pipe with my Bassani Quiet Thunder Catback. It was more than I had hoped for. Turning it on was incredible. It's very deep and exotic sounding. I cruised around for a while getting on it here and there. It's virtually non-existent when cruising at about 1500 rpms or lower. At about 2000 rpms, you can hear it pretty good but after 2500 rpms, it undescribable. It sounds mean and deep. Anyone within 3 blocks could hear you. Good luck on your decision.
another satisfied Bassani customer!....welcome to the club!

Anthony

i don't know if i like the fact that it is considered nonexistent at low rpm's. i want to be able to hear it.

i don't understand why everyone wants their exhaust really quiet until WOT. i would almost like it the other way around. i like something that can be heard cruising down the road, but won't get cops chasing ya from 5 miles away when you floor it.