Engine Best Harmonic Balancer...

MikeR351w

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2001
Wisconsin
I have a R302, stroked to 331. I got about 7k in the engine. I have a cheap balancer (chineese junk) and want a better one. Any suggestions? I need one that will not use any adapters if possible. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

we had a fluid damper... and it spun and broke the crank

we switched it out for a innovators west set up and its BAD ASS!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, motor is balanced , crankshaft and pistons balanced so I assume its Internally balanced then.

Please DO NOT just assume this. Balanced is not the same as internally balanced. 0 oz of external weights is possible, but there are still two stock amounts of external weight it could have been balanced to. Get it wrong and it will shake like a bad day in California by 2000 RPM! Asking before you order will save hassle and money.

Reactions: 1 user
Most are 28oz balanced and like posted above is completely different than an 0oz balance. Double check before ordering which one you need. I'd buy the innovators west also.

i dont think ive ever seen a BHJ balancer on anything. mostly innovators west a few ATI's and fluid dampers here and there. not saying they are bad but ive just never seen one. the innovators west we run is engraved every degree 0-360 and has a built in MSD flying magnet crank trigger set up along with being double keywayed