Best Headers

ZIncGTSTANG

Jun 28, 2005
I'm thinking of getting headers for my 03 GT. I'm not sure which ones to get. I've heard about the new American Racing Header's that just came out...are they any good? I also heard that you don't need to drop the K-member to install these???

• Sponsors (?)

define best? :shrug:

what is your price range? that will help us get you started. Ive heard good things about the American Racing too. How much are they going for? Dont see them listed on the website yet.

I was just asking for everyones elses opinion. Which ones gain the most hp,which ones fit the best, ect.. I read on another forum that American Racing Headers are being sold already if you call them up. Also heard they were made of t-304 stainless steel...any others made the same? I don't really have a price range since it's winter here and my stangs in storage. I was leaning towards Kook's because I have heard only good things about them.

Tim (owner of MPH) said the American Racing headers are just as high quality as the Kooks. I know the kooks are pushing $1000! :eek: Not sure about the AR headers. Both are high quality, 304 stainless steel.

SLP is good too. They are aluminized but ceramic coated. Dont have tranny access like you do with the Kooks though.

Power gains are probable going to be similar. Really depends on what complimentary mods you have.

If you have the money and arent worried about spending it, Id get Kooks and have them Jet-Hot coated.

ZIncGTSTANG said:
I'm thinking of getting headers for my 03 GT. I'm not sure which ones to get. I've heard about the new American Racing Header's that just came out...are they any good? I also heard that you don't need to drop the K-member to install these???
Most long tubes will net similar gains...10+rwhp. As far as best/expensive ($700.00+)I would go with known companies like jba, kooks, slp and stainlessworks. The cheaper ones($400.00) are bbk and mac's. Mid length headers ($600.00+)are also good for about 10+rwhp (but will not yeild as much as lt's) and bassani, jba are two great companies for those.

helty said:
Tim (owner of MPH) said the American Racing headers are just as high quality as the Kooks. I know the kooks are pushing $1000! :eek: Not sure about the AR headers. Both are high quality, 304 stainless steel.

SLP is good too. They are aluminized but ceramic coated. Dont have tranny access like you do with the Kooks though.

Power gains are probable going to be similar. Really depends on what complimentary mods you have.

If you have the money and arent worried about spending it, Id get Kooks and have them Jet-Hot coated.

What is the Jet-Hot coating? Is it worth it?