Best heads for the price?

• Sponsors (?)

I would have thought a couple years with a good track record now would be sufficient.

Actually it hasn't been a couple of years there have been reported issues in the past year so obviously the issues are not corrected or pairs of these heads have been hanging around for a while and are just now surfacing.

It's all personal preference but if I buy a part and that part fails on me and causes $1k, 2k, 5k in damage that comes out of my pocket I will NEVER recommend that company to anyone. Especially when they start pointing fingers at their customers when it came out later there were issues on their end. If they attempted to make things right (covering the cost of the damage their product caused) then that's one thing but otherwise forget it. I don't care if they build the best rep in the business I would never use another part from that company period.

Bill

what heads are better? aluminum or steel? i think i want steel heads so i dont have plugs popping out on me
You'll have to let me know how that one turns out for you. ALL modular heads are aluminum, regardless of the year and/or valve configuration. 2V or 4V, it doesn't matter.
Does a 99 5.4l explorer cynlinder heads fit on a 01 bullitt 4.6l?

Well, considering the '99 Explorer never had a 5.4L...or for that matter a 4.6L engine under the hood, I'll say no. Now, if you're referring to the Expedition, then yes....but don't bother swapping them though, they're the same head. The PI heads used on the '99-up Mustang were pirated from the '99-up 5.4L truck engine. And for the record, all modular parts are pretty much interchangeable. 5.4L and 4.6L parts mix and match as do 2V and 4V parts. Just make sure you’re running the proper corresponding pieces in the mix and the sky is the limit! :nice:

On a side note, let me get this strait, first you're looking for steel heads, then '99-explorer heads? You sure you're not in the wrong forum and driving a 5.0L OHV? :D

I was guessing they were off a 5.4l explorer. This guy has 5.4l heads for sale and i was thinking about buying them since a plug stripped my head. The reason the plugs stripe the heads a reason is because the amount of thread on the heads right? i heard theres only about 4-5 threads instead of about 8. Does the 5.4L heads also have the 4-5 threads as my car does?