Best location for new gauges: A pillar or in-dash?

Bubba Z.

Apr 7, 2005
Tallahassee, FL
I'll be putting in 2 new gauges soon: oil pressure and water temperature. Not sure if I want to locate them on the A pillar or in the dash bezel with a gauge on each side.

To those who have one or the other or both: I would prefer the in-dash bezel but how viewable are the gauges? Looks like the steering wheel would block the gauge view most of the time.

Opinions. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed a triple pillar setup for my boost, wideband, and fuel gauge. I already have a oil gauge, I just need to pick up a water temp gauge and the autometer cluster bezel.

To make a long story short, I would mount them on the in-dash bezel under their corresponding factory gauge. Viewing angle is fine, I need to place an order for mine....

I would vote dash too.

Our local police are trained to look for aftermarket gauges on the a-pillar as an indicator of illegal mods or street racing :notnice: So everything on my car is going in the dash out of officer view from the outside

I would vote dash too.

Our local police are trained to look for aftermarket gauges on the a-pillar as an indicator of illegal mods or street racing :notnice: So everything on my car is going in the dash out of officer view from the outside

this is the reason i took all of my bulbs out of my pillar gauges and the bulb out of my big tach... you can see it from a mile away and it never looks like your just another driver..

I vote dash!.. i actually bought one of those three gauge metal pods thats like a 90* mount and put it right under my radio.. it looks like its made for the car and it was only like 12$

I have the autometer gauge cluster pod and the column pod. Both painted to match.

gaugesnn9.jpg

interiortr2.jpg

Attachments

• gaugesnn9.jpg
    gaugesnn9.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,953
  • interiortr2.jpg
    interiortr2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 182
Oh, to answer the question. Do the dash. I got pillar gauges when I got my s/c and I'm tired of them already. I don't really mind the attention, but they don't really look very good. Very busy looking. The fit isn't very good on the Autometer pillar either. Not to mention I actually occasionally hit my right hand on them if I turn the wheel with it a certain way.