Best looking CAI

xsivpwr

Founding Member
Jan 24, 2002
kankakee, il
I want to replace my K&N big mouth so Im not suckin in all kinds of hot air from the engine bay, Post your pics/advice on which intake to get that looks best. I dont really want to make one myself as I want more of a metal or polished look. I love the look of steeda's GT intake, but that says its only for 96+

Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

xsivpwr said:
I want to replace my K&N big mouth so Im not suckin in all kinds of hot air from the engine bay, Post your pics/advice on which intake to get that looks best. I dont really want to make one myself as I want more of a metal or polished look. I love the look of steeda's GT intake, but that says its only for 96+

Any ideas?

I have a chrome MAC which has the blue connecting pieces. I matched that up with new blue plug wires, chrome radiator hoses with blue connectors, and blue aluminum ASP UD pullies.

ok, here's what you need to do... get the MAC products out of your mind... they are about 10 times more than what they are worth... second, you do understand that a CAI will not increase performance that much at all on our engines...

-all that being said, I have a highly polished aluminum one, just like the MAC, that I got brand new on Ebay... $35 about 6 months ago... www.procarparts.com is who it was through, but they've raised their prices since then... I think it's now $43 for the intake... but still a helluva steal

i agree with viperos theres no need to spend all that extra money basically for the brand name when you can get the same thing for the cost of a k&n filter. ive also purchased the same CAI from ebay and use that to replace my stock airfilter with a k&n in it and i noticed a difference.

well, whatever you decide on doing, keep this in mind, your main improvement in power will come from the air filter itself... and probably getting it away from the hot air... so, get the kit on ebay, and pop on a K&N on it...

-just to point out though, mine actually came w/ one... it wasn't called a K&N, it was called an N&K HP Filter :D I kid you not... but exact same design, EXACT, as the K&N...

Yea, Im not planning on performance gains really, Hell, if I got 2hp gain Id be thrilled. This is pretty much just to get rid of the stock rubber intake pipe, and this big ass filter that doesnt quite fit on the MAF correctly.

Does anyone have any pictures of the Ebay deals installed? Or any other for that matter.

Thanks