BEST MOTOR/TRANS MOUNTS

• Sponsors (?)

My understanding is the convertible mounts are simply stiffer mounts. I don't believe they drop the engine at all.

Energy Suspension poly mounts are good. Prothane mounts are a bit cheaper but they're a bit stiffer too. The stiffer the bushing, the more engine vibration you can fell BUT you get a bit more power transferred to the wheels. It won't up your HP/TQ ratings, but you'll lose less to torsional forces.

Basically, the engine torque will flex the bushings before it gets the wheels moving. If the bushings don't flex much, the engine can get the wheels moving sooner. Not the best explanation, but it should work.

I know the convertible mounts set the engine down lower in a fox, probably do the same in an SN. That's why a lot of people switch to convertible mounts to get more hood clearance when they put a 351 in. I have a set of energy suspension mounts in my car. Been in there for almost 10 years and are still good. I recommend them.

Kurt

On a fox, the early aero vert mounts were captured whereas the coupe mounts were not. Ford switched all aero fox mounts to the vert design by late in the aero run.

For SN's, I can't comment on differences like the other guys can.

I can't help ya much. I use Autozone vert mounts on my fox (made in India) and they seem to have done fine. Tom Moss runs or ran the same mounts on his fox. They're lifetime warranty and pretty easy to swap out.

I'd maybe call around and ask for brands (or countries of orgin in cases of repackaging). That said, I'd consider going with poly if the cons are acceptable. They should hold up quite well.

If you want to compare ES and Prothane, there was a 5.0 Tech thread started by Kumm (I think that's the right username. Maybe it was Kumm3) where he had pics and dimensions of both.

I can't help ya much. I use Autozone vert mounts on my fox (made in India) and they seem to have done fine. Tom Moss runs or ran the same mounts on his fox. They're lifetime warranty and pretty easy to swap out.

I'd maybe call around and ask for brands (or countries of orgin in cases of repackaging). That said, I'd consider going with poly if the cons are acceptable. They should hold up quite well.

If you want to compare ES and Prothane, there was a 5.0 Tech thread started by Kumm (I think that's the right username. Maybe it was Kumm3) where he had pics and dimensions of both.

cool thank you!!