Best numbers yet!

Brads Coupe

Sweeeeet!!!
Founding Member
Apr 18, 2000
Calgary , Alberta, Canada
So I decided to have Toma (Turbo guru in my town) look at the car, seeing how he is the only guy around who has experience with turbo cars. He played around with the car for about an hour and came to the conclusion that my MAF numbers given with the meter were not correct. So he tweeked the MAF curve and was able to produce a much nicer curve. After about another hour he got the car dialed almost perfect. In the end the car was producing some very impressive numbers. We didn't go for peak HP and were running back to back dyno runs. There is an odd drop of HP at the very top of the RPM band that could be possible valve float. I'm gonna have this checked out, but other then that the car runs great now. After about 2 1/2 hours of tweeking we called it a night. The numbers speak for themselve.

dynonumbers.jpg

dynonumbers2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

hey not bad #'s at all my friend.I was wondering if thats a stick car or auto?I too went to the dyno recently and was shooting for 500 on both counts.I made 461 through the auto with 420 torque and come to find out the converter is too loose because of the power the motor is making so I'm having another shipped thats a little tighter.I was also looking at your a/f and wondering also if that ratio of 12:1 or so was on the edge for turbo cars like superchargers or is this optimum?

L8r joe.

The guy who tuned my car has been working with turbo Mustangs for years so I trust his knowledge.

blown93feature said:
hey not bad #'s at all my friend.I was wondering if thats a stick car or auto?I too went to the dyno recently and was shooting for 500 on both counts.I made 461 through the auto with 420 torque and come to find out the converter is too loose because of the power the motor is making so I'm having another shipped thats a little tighter.I was also looking at your a/f and wondering also if that ratio of 12:1 or so was on the edge for turbo cars like superchargers or is this optimum?

L8r joe.

Click on the link in my sig to see my setup.

bluevenom867 said:
What is the motor combo and how many psi did you run?

what kinda cam you running on that? your making max power at 5300? thats good rpm I think for street car, i wish mine was a little lower like that. Thats some good numbers especially on a mustang dyno.

ohh also are you only running one walbro pump? because I'm running dual 255lhp walbro's- 1 intank, 1 inline and mine started to lean up at the top end around 5600-5900... but it could've been my injectors though too.. but I was just wondering.

Hey Brad! I saw you like 3 weeks ago on the road (I was in a light blue 90 hatchback on memorial drive). I have to say, when you stepped on that gas pedal it was like nothing I had seen before. :eek: :eek: Glad to hear that you have that thing nicely tuned now as well. If you end up going to Race City in Calgary to get your time, you should private message me and tell me when. Me and my buddies love going there, so I'd definetely like to come see what time you can achieve. Thanks :)

BTW. Those 18 inch rims look so good on your car in person.

Haha...I remember that day. You should visit our local site, I'm the owner. Just click on the link in my sig or my homepage button to get to it. I will be heading to the track next week, weather permitting.

caine0 said:
Hey Brad! I saw you like 3 weeks ago on the road (I was in a light blue 90 hatchback on memorial drive). I have to say, when you stepped on that gas pedal it was like nothing I had seen before. :eek: :eek: Glad to hear that you have that thing nicely tuned now as well. If you end up going to Race City in Calgary to get your time, you should private message me and tell me when. Me and my buddies love going there, so I'd definetely like to come see what time you can achieve. Thanks :)

BTW. Those 18 inch rims look so good on your car in person.

Yes, one intank high volume, high pressure Walbro 255lph pump. 42lb injectors, Aeromotive fuel regulator and custom fuel lines. Click on the link in my sig to see the entire setup. Go here http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=17796.0 to see the whole build up.

K.C.90gt said:
what kinda cam you running on that? your making max power at 5300? thats good rpm I think for street car, i wish mine was a little lower like that. Thats some good numbers especially on a mustang dyno.

ohh also are you only running one walbro pump? because I'm running dual 255lhp walbro's- 1 intank, 1 inline and mine started to lean up at the top end around 5600-5900... but it could've been my injectors though too.. but I was just wondering.

Brads Coupe said:
Yes, one intank high volume, high pressure Walbro 255lph pump. 42lb injectors, Aeromotive fuel regulator and custom fuel lines. Click on the link in my sig to see the entire setup. Go here http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=17796.0 to see the whole build up.

I did, I didnt see what cam your running on there. Anyway, I thought you would need more than that one pump on there for that kinda power. Your A/F is a little higher then most forced induction motors but still not too bad. I just heard that the one intank would not be enough so I got the inline too, guess I probably coulda got away with just the intank. well, have fun with that beast and hopefully your T-5 holds up.

Sorry, its a stock cam, stock bottom end.

No problems with fuel supply. I need an MSD box though, as the spark plugs are being blown out at higher RPM's the odd time. Scared the hell out of me the first time it happened, felt like hitting a brick wall. Yeh, it will interesting to see how long my T5 lasts hehehe.

K.C.90gt said:
I did, I didnt see what cam your running on there. Anyway, I thought you would need more than that one pump on there for that kinda power. Your A/F is a little higher then most forced induction motors but still not too bad. I just heard that the one intank would not be enough so I got the inline too, guess I probably coulda got away with just the intank. well, have fun with that beast and hopefully your T-5 holds up.

Will you be running it on friday night at the secret street? Or Saturday at the drag test and tune's? I really wanna come watch :)

And are you going this weekend? (28th/29th) Or next weekend? (June 4th/5th)

Thanks (checked out your site too)

Brads Coupe said:
Haha...I remember that day. You should visit our local site, I'm the owner. Just click on the link in my sig or my homepage button to get to it. I will be heading to the track next week, weather permitting.

Brads Coupe said:
Sorry, its a stock cam, stock bottom end.

No problems with fuel supply. I need an MSD box though, as the spark plugs are being blown out at higher RPM's the odd time. Scared the hell out of me the first time it happened, felt like hitting a brick wall. Yeh, it will interesting to see how long my T5 lasts hehehe.

Good numbers with stock cam! I went through the same thing when my MSD broke. While it was shipped away to be fixed I left the plugs gapped at where they were (.45 i think), once I got past 3500 on WOT it started to blow the spark out. It scared the **** outta me too because I thought something in the motor broke. Anyway, I would just lower the gap low as possible until you get a MSD. once you get it you can gap it around .45-.50 and it should still be all good as long as you have a good coil too.