Best Place to Buy A New SVT Focus Fuel Pump

sneaky98gt

10 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
NC State University
So I spent all day today driving to and from a salvage yard to get a fuel pump from an SVT Focus. Got the entire assembly, but didn't have the tools to take it apart, but it looked fine other than lacking a green top, so home I go. I got home this afternoon, took it apart, it looks alright, but the part number isn't what I thought it should be. It is XS2U-9350-AA, which checks out online as a fuel pump from a 2003 SVT Focus, which is what it came off of. Ok, maybe I'm alright. Take my recently acquired salvage yard fuel tank apart, and crap, the electrical plug doesn't match up; the pump won't plug in. :mad: And I don't want to chance it being the wrong pump and having to do all this over again.

Where is the best place to get a SVT Focus fuel pump? Someone used to have a hook-up, Randy someone IIRC; is that hook-up still there? Are there other hook-ups out there now?

I found this one on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories and it does appear to be the correct pump going by the part number and picture, but it's still almost $200 shipped.

I went to my dealer, and asked for an SVT Focus pump, and all he could give me was a 2.0 liter (what's in the Focuses during those years) fuel pump, which I somehow have my doubts is what I need (and it's almost $300).

I've looked up the part number for the pump (3S4Z-9H307-BC) and found stuff like this
ab65bb3fd0f20f1d64ce02464d7cf6ad.image.500x400.jpg

and this
CIMG4291_1.jpg

which have the correct part number, but don't look anything like the original SVT Focus or stock GT pump. So I have my doubts that those will actually work, and that if I get a pump from the dealer, that is what it'll look like.

Someone help me out. I haven't driven the car in 3 weeks now, and I'm tired of dealing with it. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Talked to Steve at Tousley Ford today and got one ordered. He is a VERY friendly guy who knew exactly what I was looking for, unlike anyone else I've talked to so far. And he got it for me for over $100 cheaper than my local dealer.

When it comes in, couldja post the part number? Thanx.

I'm about 99% positive I know what it is already, but I'll wait and make sure. I was told and have read elsewhere on this site that it is xxxxxxxxx part number, and that no other number is correct, but I had a SVT Focus pump on my car that wasn't that particular number and still worked.

I'll let you know. :nice:

You can get it here. I bought it from them 2 years ago and i bought two. They were only $90 back then! It's crazy how much they increased in price. Apparently the demand has gone down as well as the amount being made anymore. I got my pump within 2 days after ordering from them.

After looking online all the prices are the same and expensive now. Yikes.

The focus pump is drop in, while the GT pump requires soldering.

Svt focus part number is 3S4Z-9H307-BC

GT pump 4G7Z-9A407-CA

Ford Mustang Focus 255 LPH returnless fuel pump OEM

More info in GT pump
http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/ind...-gt-supercar-fuel-pump-into-2003-mustang.html