Best place to buy rebuilt/new rack&pinion in Calgary

• Sponsors (?)

Gearbanger 101 said:

Oh yeah. I forgot about them. I just called and have a rack on its way.

Stupid auto-value morons. I call on phone and they tell me I have to come in because its special order. I go in and then they say its not special order. I say I want a rack and pinion for a 86 5.0. They say they have several part numbers. I say the rack should be the same for all years 86-93 that had 5.0 engine, they say no. I spend 25 minutes while they flip thru books and in the end leave.

I call Mustangshop and within 5 minutes they tell me one will be waiting for me at their shop this afternoon. Oh, and there is one part number for 86-93 with 5.0.

My second auto-value story is going in there to buy carb/throttle body cleaner spray to clean my MAF. They tell me that you cant clean your maf, you have to replace. I tell them I know what they are doing but the butt****s insist on telling me I will ruin my MAF if I try to clean it. In the end I walk out with a can of 'sensor-safe' carb/tb cleaner. **** me these people are stupid. Are none of the guys that work at these places gear-heads?

Beware the 'advice' at auto-value. If you know exactly what you want then great, but dont depend on these smacktards for any useful information.