Best quality caliper paint?

• Sponsors (?)

I just painted mine recently. I used the duplicolor kit that i bought at pepboys. The kit includes brake cleaner, masking tape, a brush (the paint is brushed on) and of course the paint. The paint is very glossy once it dries and its not very expensive, i think it was about 15 bucks.

wannabe2000GT said:
well you guys say everything else is ricer that many times is not but painting your calipers red to look like something else is ricer for sure.

Ricer to me includes **** like: gay emblems, rediculous body kits, V6 with dual exhaust ... things along those lines. Not caliper paint. :rolleyes:

this paint is high temp? does it come in alot of colors? I have been looking for a paint that matches my body color (code NA) and was high temp so i could paint me Timing cover and alternator. Anyone know of a good paint for that?

wannabe2000GT said:
but painting your calipers red to look like something else is ricer for sure.

So you think i should spend $60 more to have them painted red by Ford when i can just buy a $5 can of VHT red and do it myself? It's the same caliper.

DropTopPony said:
this paint is high temp? does it come in alot of colors? I have been looking for a paint that matches my body color (code NA) and was high temp so i could paint me Timing cover and alternator. Anyone know of a good paint for that?

The VHT is high temp, up to like 900 degrees.

I just googled VHT paint and copied this from the first link that came up:

"Professionals or DIYers can easily give their wheels a custom appearance and protect their brake drums, calipers, and rotors from rust, corrosion, salt and brake dust with the new technology VHT Brake Caliper, Drum & Rotor Paint.

This innovative new VHT paint is a 900' F, chemical resistant self priming coating which provides excellent durability and weather resistance. It is formulated to resist chipping, cracking, or fading and is ideal for custom detailing your vehicle.

VHT paint is a durable gloss coating that can be applied to aluminum or cast metals and is self-priming. When properly applied it will provide a durable, long lasting gloss finish that is extremely resistant to the harshest chemicals."

FivePointStang said:
On that site they are $50 more for the Bullitt brakes. The Bullitt brakes are more than just painted. They are powdercoated and they have the pony to boot! Id imagine that the Bullitt brakes would clean up a lot easier than if you painted because of the smooth surface.... plus look better longer!

Do it right the first time :nice:

I plan on buying those Bullitt brakes this summer, thats a great price!
I agree :nice:
My bullitt brakes look very good. I have seen pics of peoples calipers after self painting and they look ok but not as good as the powder coated ones. I chose to spend the extra money on the better looking brakes(imo)

I painted mine with the duplicolor kit and they turned out great. Very glossy.

When I get some money I am def getting the kit from buyfordracing the red with the white pony thats mad cheap I just dont have any loot right now.

And when the hell did rice mean painting calipers:shrug:

I guess now improving looks over stock means rice...yeah i def would rather have some beat looking grey caliper:rlaugh: