best radiator for the money?

I got my Ron Davis radiator from mentaladdictionmotorsports.com. Just the radiator itself. I completed my install and drove it for the 1st time yesterday then again today too work. It runs nice and cool now.

• Sponsors (?)

92greenlx, thanks! They were VERY helpful and even offered to dril out the top to bolt the shroud up since I am resource limited down here. I asked why the price was so low compared to what Ron Davis quoted. THey have Ron Davis custom fab this radiator for their application, so it's a cross between the $499 direct replacement and the $179 unifit. He said the top brackets remain in the stock location, they just need to be bent out a bit to accomodate the additional thickness of the radiator. And it fits the stock mounts in the bottom, and the shroud mounts in the stock location as well as the stock coolent overflow bottle. I't a two row with 1 inch pipes. One week back order. I'll let everyone know how it works out, and if they can keep their word on a one week back order promise...

I drove my car again today to work to see how the radiator is working out. YEsterday in the heat and in traffic my car ran cool as a fan! I drilled the holes for the fan shroud myself. It worked out fine. I also bent out the stock hold down brackets to hold the radiator in place just until I get a hold down plate from UPR. The only thing I would like to do next is get an electric fan. That too I will purchase from menataddictionmotorsports.com. Beau is a good guy. Very friendly and keeps his word from what I have experienced so far.

Is there an easy way to get all the water out of the block? I understand that you have to run distilled water with the aluminum radiator. But even if I flush it with a garden hose, there wil stil be standing water in the block that is not distilled water. If there are block plugs, I can imagine they will be a real treat to get loose. If so, are there any special steps to reinstalling them if there are block plugs?