Best shifter t-5 Sorry 4 another poll!!!

Best shifter t-5 Sorry 4 another poll need help!!

• Total voters

bryanrevans

Sep 10, 2004
Chicopee,Mass
I finally got some money to put into a 86 gt I recently bought.I sold my wrecked 89 notch with parts so Im starting over.Thanks for the help.Im buying SHIFTER,HEADERS,INTAKE,ELECTRIC FAN.I inspire to have a daily driven 13sec range car.I will post poll for those upgrades

• Sponsors (?)

86gts

I,m just about ot get a tri ax, because of the great deal I,m going to to get it for. so I can,t do your pole, but I can give you some feedback about my 86 gt, it has about the same mileage, I put a 89 upper%lower intake on it,pullys, 65mmtb, it had Flowmasters and 3.73s. msd ign. with this combo it made 201rwhp/283rwtrq. I plan to put a ported lower, headers, magnum 1.6 rocker arms in this winter, i,m in Canada so i,ll have lots of time to work on it. good luck with your project.

What do you like in a shifter? If you want performance and comfort, go with the Steeda. If you like compact short shifts with a bang gears feel, go with Pro 5.0. If you want a notchy piece of crap, go with the Hurst. If you want to take a chance, go with that new shifter.

I'm curious to see what you guys think is better because I need a new shifter..either the steeda or the pro5.0 are my options..right now I have a hurst short throw..that shifter sucks..I hate that piece of crap..what do you guys think about the B&M ripper..my bro has that I think it would be real good for the track but annoying for daily driving

Just do a search, they are all very close to each other, and I dont see one being much better than any other. I have driven cars with every shifter out there, and this is what I got from it...

If you can really drive the car (run good times and shift it hard) it wont matter what shifter is in it! I have been able to drive every car I have driven as hard as the next with any shifter, so I say go out and get the one that looks the best to you!