Best shocks/struts for lowered 2"+

Ryan L

Founding Member
Apr 15, 2001
St. Augustine, FL
I know the rule of thumb is to get Fox body shocks/struts for slightly lowered Mustangs since they are about .5" shorter, but what about Mustangs that were lowered 2-2.5"?? The stock shocks/struts have deteriorated on my gf's GT 'vert to nothing in the past two years. I want to try to avoid expensive brands like MM, but I will do what it takes.

• Sponsors (?)

Go to the various strut/shock manufacturer's web sites and contact their tech lines. Their the ones that can answer your question best and make the correct recommendations.

KYB AGX FULL STIFF all the way around to keep you off the bump stops (which you have trimmed 3/4 inch from right?)

Car will handle like **** lowered that far though, not enough suspension travel. And you will get unpredictable snap oversteer if you hit even the smallest bump in a turn.

If you want to be that low, get coilover springs and only drop it if your out showing off, other than that, keep it no more than -1.7"

Bilsteins are deffinetly the best, though they are pretty expensive. However, if you have the money and want the best-possible ride, then I would say Bilsteins. Though I agree that it sounds like the stang is too low, not really sure if Bilsteins would help that much??:shrug: