Best Shops in Or to get work done

caduck

Sep 17, 2006
Springfield, Or
I am looking to get a top end kit installed what are the best shops in Or to get it done? What you think it would run to get one installed? I live in Eugene but would travel a bit to get the work done if need be.

• Sponsors (?)

Jeff will work on more then just mustangs:D
Hmm, maybe I should about having them do a turbo upgrade on my STI ... :jester:

AFP is a great shop. KK also a great shop, especially so since Allen bought it. I've had work done at AFP and I was very satisfied, but I'd probably use KK now if I still had a Mustang just because they're closer and they have great mechanics there, too.

I have e-mails out to both shops to get an idea of cost for H/C/I anyone have a good guess on cost. I have about 3k to spend.

Emails?

This is not how business is run. If cost is your only concern, please remember "you get what you pay for".....visit both of them and chat with them about ideas if your looking at investing 3k into your car. Dont allow an email to be your deciding factor. You dont buy home items without seeing them first.......:flag:

Emails?

This is not how business is run. If cost is your only concern, please remember "you get what you pay for".....visit both of them and chat with them about ideas if your looking at investing 3k into your car. Dont allow an email to be your deciding factor. You dont buy home items without seeing them first.......:flag:

I sent e-mails because I live 120+ miles away and I work durring the week so visiting isnt really an option. Cost isnt my only concern was sending out feelers to see if 3k was even close enough to do a H/C/I but from the sound of it doesnt look like it will be.

I sent e-mails because I live 120+ miles away and I work durring the week so visiting isnt really an option. Cost isnt my only concern was sending out feelers to see if 3k was even close enough to do a H/C/I but from the sound of it doesnt look like it will be.

The travel portion I understand. You might be able to see if either shop is planning on working a Saturday in the somewhat near future. 3K for cost of kit/parts and install work, 3k wont get you what you want. Most kits cost $2200 and that does not include the additional parts needed to make the performance investment work to its potential. You'll want a TB, larger fuel pump, fluids, etc. When you tear the engine down for a cam, there are also ideas to change the water pump, upgrade your cooling system....

+1,000,000 for AFP. I made the trip from Seattle with Bill and we both got our gears done there. They are holding very well to my driving, he he. Good service, competitive pricing, and just a goofy bunch of guys i.e. The Jeff's and Chung O'. I just wish they were closer to do other things for my car, but the small stuff I can do, anything big I'll be taking it to them.