Best Sounding Exhaust?

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone who's not deaf should agree that any V8 engine sounds good no matter what exhaust is on it! The rest is personal taste. While I think the Mac catback/OR Prochamber sounds good, it wasn't my top choice, but it was the most reasonably priced. PERSONALLY....I liked the sound of the Borla, Steeda, and Bassani. But I like deep and rumbly. Check the link in my sig for a clip of my set-up.

Every exhaust on every car can sound different. Removing the stock snorkel/filter can change the pitch as well as headers and cams. For as many Mustangs as their are there that many different sounding ones. Also, IMHO, you have to hear it in person to get the full effect and appreciation. Listening to an exhaust thru your crummy PC speakers won't do it.

That being said, I'd go with:

Bassani, Magnapacks and Borlas

I'd stay away from:

Flowmasters, SLPs.

Again, this is my humble opinion and tastes. Also, it's best to match up the mid-pipe and catback from the same company.

Bubba Z. said:
Listening to an exhaust thru your crummy PC speakers won't do it.

Sounds much better in person, but not everyone has crummy PC speakers. My PC setup actually sounds pretty good...and with the sub volume adjusted right, the tone of the exhaust in my vid is deep and rumbly like in real life! So it can be close with decent speakers. If not, its like listening to rap music thru headphones and thinking you know bass!

01Steeda said:
I never understand why people post this type of thread.. just make a poll and ask everyone.. what exhaust do you have.

When I was looking for a set-up I started the same thread & appreciated everyones comments. I heard another GT's exhaust (live) and that helped me decide. The same threads over & over? It works for me.

xseler8 said:
When I was looking for a set-up I started the same thread & appreciated everyones comments. I heard another GT's exhaust (live) and that helped me decide. The same threads over & over? It works for me.
:stupid:

If everyone searched and no one posted, this wouldn't be a forum now, would it? It would be called "Google".