best street combo?

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
yo, I have a basic hci combo on my 86, it has a t-moss intake, fully ported by him and a little more by me LOL, 65mm tb, 70maf, bcam, and some grey5.0beast special gt40p heads with some crane springs. it pulls really good to 5.8-6.0k But I would like a better combo, Im thinking porting my gtp heads, bigger springs, an afm n-51hr cam, and my truck/holley setup, also a new trans, cuz my 2nd and 3rd syncro's are shot:rlaugh: , I ran a person I know tonight with gt40x heads, tubular gt40 intake, an ecam, and 4:10's, I pulled a car and a half on him both times, he would get the jump by about 1/2 car and id catch traction and pull right past him, this was rolling in 2nd, and at a dead stop in 2nd, because of my trans again :mad: But I thought I would do a little bit better, but Im happy :D So the whole purpose of this thread is to ask if I would FEEL anything with this new combo, I know I would be trading low end for highup, but I dont care its not like I have a 408 or anything.

josh View attachment 382393

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know the specs on that cam, but I am assuming it has a much higher power band. I think it would feel slower, but actually be faster because of the loss in low end. but since your'e not getting traction down lownow, go for it and shift thatpowerband up. W/e you do, hurry up! I wanna hit up the track again and it won't be the same w/o BK and you, especially while we were "videotaping at the end of the track and BK Picked us up":D

I started my headers tonight. It wasdarkby thetime I started but I got all the drivers side header bolts offin about 10 minutes, not even using my airtools in fear of pissing off thenneighbors. I'll finish it up tomorrow,can'twait!!!

whoa, before you bolt it up, run it with open headers just for a second!! it should pick up purdy good with the headers, next time we go, im definetly bringing some tires, ill bring the vert, put some 4.10's in er, and some 4 banger springs and no swaybar, and let er hook! OH yeah wait till you put some heads and a cam on that thing!! totally different!! Im about to be on my 3 trans in 4 months, time for a tremec. Yeah next time well take the swaybar off yours, and ill let ya borrow the tires, hopefully be in the 13's then with your car.

I'm free on weekends and on weekdays after 5:30 pm, so you know when you can get them. Im puttin a bigger throttle body and a MAF meter that actually works on my car next week, so let me know when you guys are goin to the track. I work in macon which is only like a half hour drive from reynolds.

Im going to put mickey thompsons on the back of my car later this year, but my street tires are pretty good. On my only pass with the tires I have now, I cut a 1.9 0-60 foot. I think I can drop it to at least a 1.8.

well me and bk have been racin some again, and me and him both took down an ls1, me by 3cars and him by a fender, so it should be close, his is running ****ty again though....... Im ready to go sometime, it will be a little though i got to pay a $300 fine to thomasvilles finest, for saying that I layed drag, when I gave my vert too much gas and spun a little in some gravel!! other than that though im good for about a month from now?

I amgoing to hit up ATL dragway when I get my tires,it is only like 30 min from my house, so I'll try there to pull a 13, I'll be on the tires from pacecar so I am hoping I don't embarass myself. I actually know a bunch of ppl that go to ATL dragway.