Best Struts/Shocks for a rough street lowered car?

Twista

May 7, 2004
@ the z00 in chicago
So on every bump it feels im breaking something. Like the car is bottoming out on the cars body and ground. The car is my DD and driven on the street 98% of the time where it sucks. On the highway its smooth as jelly.

Can you guys recommend another setup better than my current Tokico setup.

ty
My current setup: Eibach Pro-kit springs , Steeda X-2's ball joints, Tokico HP shocks/struts , BBK c/c's,

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running the same springs, but with the Eibach dampers designed to go with it. Really like the ride (prior to that I had fully stock suspension, then eibach springs with stock dampers. Just added the Eibach dampers this spring. FWIW, I put MM rear LCAs on at the same time; not sure if that had any effect on ride (it sure improved handling).

I'm running the same springs, but with the Eibach dampers designed to go with it. Really like the ride (prior to that I had fully stock suspension, then eibach springs with stock dampers. Just added the Eibach dampers this spring. FWIW, I put MM rear LCAs on at the same time; not sure if that had any effect on ride (it sure improved handling).

The dampers just a different name for the struts or are they something entirely different?

I'm running the same combo. It isn't that bad for the roads here (I have no idea what Chicago roads are like however).

How old are the components?

Depending on shock/strut brand and if the car is lowered 1.25" or more, it's usually better to run ones made for a fox on a lowered SN95 due to them being a shorter shock/strut.

I run fox length Strange 10-way adjustables

Depending on shock/strut brand and if the car is lowered 1.25" or more, it's usually better to run ones made for a fox on a lowered SN95 due to them being a shorter shock/strut.

I run fox length Strange 10-way adjustables

All the aftermarket ones are fox length anyway.

I've found that lowered stangs just ride rough. The difference in opinion between one setup to another usually has to do with the driver, not the suspension setup. Rough is a subjective term. My suspension is very firm, but the car handles like it's on rails.

Kurt

All the aftermarket ones are fox length anyway.

Why does Strange have different part #'s for the '79-93 and '94-04 for both their struts and shocks then?

I bought mine years back at World Ford Challenge and asked the techs at the trailer about which model to run on both of my lowered cars ('95 and '02). they said if it was lowered less than about an inch then stock '94-04 length would be fine, otherwise use fox length.

All said an done, my point was that with a lowered car it's best to call the particular shock/strut manufacturer you are thinking of running and ask them.

Yeah, I guess I should correct myself. Most of the aftermarket manufacturers are fox length anyway. Tokico, KYB all list the same part numbers.

Kurt

The roads in Chicago totally suck ass.....maybe that's all that it is? I hated driving my car there with the stock suspension, lowering a car with aftermarket shocks will stiffen anything up a little at minimum, have you driven it anywhere that doesn't have cracks and potholes ever 3 inches? One of the reasons I will never move out of Arizona, our roads are generally smooth

I am running Steeda sport springs with mach 1 tokico's up front, and out back Iam running bilstien coilovers with 500lb springs

Up front I have 4" of droop And 1.75" of bump:nonono:
Out back i have 3.5" of droop and 3.5" of bump :nice:

I think I need coilovers for the front.

It rides okay till I run over anything thats 1"