Best Wax???

joshheat25

Nov 8, 2004
Delaware
I was wondering what is the best wax and what is everyones opinions?? I have tried Liquid Glass, Duponts teflon wax, and today I tried KIT Wax. I like the Liquid wax compared to the solid. What is the best brands???

• Sponsors (?)

Ohh man that is a loaded question.

What are you looking for, do you want something inexpensive that you can pick up at the local auto parts store or are you willing to spend some bucks and buy something over the internet? There are a wide range of products out there.

One thing that will make more of a difference than the wax is the preperation you do beforehand. Even the best wax is gonna look like crap if the paint is in rough shape to begin with.

If you are looking for something readily available at your local auto parts store I would try the Meguiars NXT line.

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/nxt05.cfm

Here are a couple of pics of my Laser Red GT with NXT Tech Wax

2760frontquarternxt.jpg

2760rearquarternxt.jpg

joshheat25 said:
I was wondering what is the best wax and what is everyones opinions?? I have tried Liquid Glass, Duponts teflon wax, and today I tried KIT Wax. I like the Liquid wax compared to the solid. What is the best brands???
I have been detailing for many years, and I have always recommended that driveway detailers use Meguiars. However, I recently discovered Zaino products (www.zainostore.com). Up until a few months ago, the only way to get a car up to my satisfaction level of shine and depth could only be reached by a long process of machine buffing. I worked my way through college at a detail shop, and have always used the professional products at the shop to do my cars. But once I came across Zaino, I am hooked. Zaino is like the Mobil 1 of car polishes. It is fully synthetic, unlike Carnauba waxes that most auto parts stores stock on their shelves. While Carnauba wax is a good product, it doesn't provide protection for a long period of time. Meguiar's Pro NXT wax I believe is a synthetic blend. I have used the Pro NXT, but compared to Zaino, it just doesn't match up. While Zaino isn't really a "wax" but a polish, it provides unbelievable depth, shine, and reflectivity, and protection, even if applied by hand. One application provides months and months of protection and shine, something Carnauba wax just doesn't offer. However, the more applications of Zaino you use, the better your paint will look. Check out that site. Let me know what kind of results you are looking for and I will recommend the products to go with.

P.S. - I don't work for Zaino lol

If you want something cheap try using Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss.. only like 8 bux and it gives the best look I have seen from a non full synthetic wax..the NXT looks pretty good but doesnt last long at all..i had to apply the booster wax at least once a week..This stuff how ever is awesome for the price...

WhiteHeat306 said:
Let me know what kind of results you are looking for and I will recommend the products to go with.

P.S. - I don't work for Zaino lol

you should get a job there part time cause you sold me already!! :lol:

How do I get started to do a basic clean/wax/polish/shine, and with which of their products?

If you really want your paint to snap, it's a good idea to claybar the paint (do a search) because it really pulls all of the crap out of your paint.

The claybar even removed the tar bits that were in my paint from having to drive through road construction regularly. There was enough bits of tar and junk so that my wash sponge felt like it was dragging sand across the paint. Turned out that the contaminents were in my paint, not the sponge.

I have used almost everything on the planet. Zaino (I don't work for them either) makes THE best products on the market. All the stuff in the store is crap compared to Zaino. But if you have to get it from a store, Zymol is in my opinion the best stuff. Its pretty good, but Zaino makes it look like childs play. All of Zaino's products are awesome. I use their leather cleaners, tire shine, and glass cleaner too. It's all great stuff. :nice: