Best way to clean engine?

DennisT

Oct 12, 2004
Hey everyonone,
Just looked under the hood of my '04 and damn the engine is dirty. Anyone know of the best/proper way and what I should use to clean my engine. I'm really looking for any links that may be out there as well for a procedure. I'm just really concerned and don't want to f''''up my ride.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

do a search here on engine cleaning.......there are lots of tips on what to use and how to do it....if you cannot find any tips then pm me and i will tell you how i do it..... :rolleyes:

I just cleaned mine last weekend for the second time.

I take two plastic shopping bags (wal-mart) inserted inside each other (doubled up) and cover (air filter assembly, the alternator, the battery and the distribution box).

Then I spray Simple Green automotive all over the engine. take a rag and then wipe down what I can get to. Then hose it off and repeat the process.

Finally, I take of the bags and start the car up and let it run for about 10 minutes.

It will look brand spanking new.

There are several good engine cleaning products out there.
I've used Greased Lightening degreaser (be careful, don't leave it on too long as it's very strong), lightly hose down the engine. Let it dry and put on a liberal coating of CD2 Engine detailer.

The next product I'm going to try is GUNK brand Foamy engine bright and then some CD2...