best way to get coolant out of spark plug hole?

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by forum155pl, Nov 28, 2006.

1. forum155pl

forum155pl New Member

Ok so i just got my dash back in from a heater core replacement... and before i put the heater hoses on i cranked the car over to see if i got all the wires and such hooked up... it started right up and i gave it a few revs because i missed the sweet sound of her.. anyway.. i blew coolant all over my engine and now when i drive it, it has a bad miss, so i think that coolant got into a spark plug hole:bang: .. whats the best way to get that stuff outta there?? i tried a rag, shop vac and nothin...

any ideas anyone???
  2. sgarlic

sgarlic Founding Member

Compressed air.
  3. forum155pl

forum155pl New Member

your a genious... i'm still in the stone age with hand tools.. but when i get to work tomorrow i'll give it a shot! thanks man..
  4. BurningRubber

BurningRubber Active Member

Wear glasses or goggles, antifreeze in the eye isnt a fun event.
  5. RedDaemon

RedDaemon Advanced Member

6. LI98GTStang

LI98GTStang Founding Member

Wet/Dry Vac worked for me - of course in "wet" mode. Sorry no pics to share like nighthawk.
  7. Dusstbuster

Dusstbuster I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec

Or do what I did. When we were doing my manifold swap the gasket blew and leaked a ton of coolant into 3 of the cylinders. Just clean out the plug wells/plugs so the well itself is clean, then replace the plug and turn the car on. It should burn the coolant out eventually, it'll just run like crap for a bit while it's burning it.
  8. forum155pl

forum155pl New Member

nighthawk had my idea... today i tried to use my compressor at work (i work at a computer store) and the damn hose almost made it to my car... it was like a foot from reaching(my car was damn near all the way inside of the double doors lol) so i hooked up a hose to the vacume with a whole lot of tape and sucked it right out.. runs good now..

but i got some cool pics of my car on some nice carpet lol.. looks like a showcar... with studded tires and v6 wheels lol
  9. stangGT97

stangGT97 New Member

Well, every vacuum can be made to work in reverse... when I had no compressed air to clean my plug wells, I just put the hose into the other hole and *bam* free blower :banana: Often times the "air outlets" (for lack of a better term) are hidden by some sort of grate and filter, but they are there (or the vacuum wouldn't work lol)

Try it out sometime!
  10. Jinx

Jinx I like cats. Cats like me. Cats & I fully agree Cat Lover

I have one of these :nice: no uni-taskers in my garage :nono:

[​IMG]