Best way to get in the 12's

Cantslowdown

Jun 20, 2004
Mt.Home AR!
Ok guys i am thinking about selling my stang and getting a truck then find a fox to build on..I am wanting to be streetable but make it a strip car..Nothin to wild but just something to have fun with..What combo would be best for this..Any years lighter then others like the 4eyed fox or the 87 - 93..

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on you and what you want to spend. I went with a car that will run 12s, and could still be a daily driver that idles and runs like stock, gets good gas mileage, but pulls hard on the street or track. A typical H/C/I car with all the support on a tire will be an easy mid 12s car and be great for driving on the street.

There are easy ways to do it, hard ways, unique ways and every other way... Id say grab what you like the best (notch, hatch, vert, etc...) and go from there!

Grab a 5 spd 5.0 coupe throw a 100 shot and slicks and call it a day, then it will still be fun on the street with just some gears and other boltons, then when u really wanta get on it, turn on the nitrous :D

Build the auto, get a set of cheap gt40 heads, explorer intake, and a decent cam. Some supporting bolt on mods. If the car is not daily driven you should have no problem driving a set of MT ET Streets on the street, Ive driven on them for a month daily driving no problem. And you should cut 12's and be very fast on the street.