Best way to mount iPod in 2004 GT??

I am getting a PIE adapter to connect my iPod to the factory radio but I would also like a bracket to mount the ipod to either the console or dash. I have my XM radio mounted to the console.. I really dont want my ipod just sitting somewhere- I have tried to find brackets but they all have the integrated FM modulator...

If any of you have suggestions please let me know! Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Go to walmart and check out the Belkin mount. It's one of those plug in displays though - its black and matches my interior, charges the IPOD while its playing and automatically finds the best FM to broadcast on. About 70 dollars. It has an adjustable thing on it too.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4810460

Other than that if you're looking to truely mount it, I have no idea. Post pics if you do though!

I also have a PIE adapter, but i used it for my Sirrius Sat radio unit.

I don't have an Ipod but my sisters/friends/etc have them and frequently take them in my car, i wanted to use the PIE adapter so i bought some RCA splitters and split the input channel and ran a 6 foot RCA cord to the center console with about 3-4 feet stored in there. That way i am using the PIE adapter for both the sat radio AND the Ipod.

When i want to hook up the Ipod, i just switch over to the PIE function on the Mach 460, turn off the sat radio and turn on the Ipod and i get high quality music from the factory radio. I don't have a mount, but i left enough cable so you can pull it out, close the lid and the passenger or myself can freely maniplulate the controls and then put it back in the console or a cup holder or their lap.

PIE adapters are a little pricey, but WAY better than FM modulation for use with Ipods, Sat radios or anything else you can adapt with RCA input jacks (or adapters)

For mounts, you could check Ebay for universals or Pro-fit for mounts.

I am using a Pro-fit mount for my sat setup. The one visible wire is the cable running to the PIE adapter. Was too thick to hide.
View attachment 428882

I purchased a generic mount from Circuit City (I can't remember the name of it). I mounted it inside the center console and ran the wire underneath the center console up to the stereo.

ipod7.jpg

Mustang5L5 said:
I also have a PIE adapter, but i used it for my Sirrius Sat radio unit.

I don't have an Ipod but my sisters/friends/etc have them and frequently take them in my car, i wanted to use the PIE adapter so i bought some RCA splitters and split the input channel and ran a 6 foot RCA cord to the center console with about 3-4 feet stored in there. That way i am using the PIE adapter for both the sat radio AND the Ipod.

When i want to hook up the Ipod, i just switch over to the PIE function on the Mach 460, turn off the sat radio and turn on the Ipod and i get high quality music from the factory radio. I don't have a mount, but i left enough cable so you can pull it out, close the lid and the passenger or myself can freely maniplulate the controls and then put it back in the console or a cup holder or their lap.

PIE adapters are a little pricey, but WAY better than FM modulation for use with Ipods, Sat radios or anything else you can adapt with RCA input jacks (or adapters)

For mounts, you could check Ebay for universals or Pro-fit for mounts.

I am using a Pro-fit mount for my sat setup. The one visible wire is the cable running to the PIE adapter. Was too thick to hide.
View attachment 427866

The pro-fit mount looks good so far.. The bracket is $37..

Anyone have any pros/cons about the profit brackets?

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/VSM/