Best way to route nitrous feed line?

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Ok, I ran my line from the bottle to the engine bay today, but I am not so satisfied with it.

I ran it from the passenger side of the trunk, out the weather seal plugged hole, into the rear subframe. I the popped it out near the end of the rear subframe, and zip-tied it to the fuel lines to the front of the car.

Now, I tried to snake it up with the fuel lines into the engine bay, but it just wont go. I didn't pull the entire wheel liner out (had to go to work), but even if I did run it up that way, I realized I probably wouldn't have enough room to bring the line over to the drivers side, where the solenoids are mounted.

So, what I did was run the line up against the side of the transmission, and poked it up behind the motor against the firewall. This seems fine, EXCEPT the fact that at the closest point, the nitrous line is only 2-3" away from the X-pipe as it is coming off the exhaust manifold on the passenger side.

I don't know how much heat that line can take, and I am worried that the zip tie could break and the line will touch the X-pipe and bad stuff will happen.

I would have ran it the same way along the drivers side, but, there is nothing to attach the line to, and that is just BEGGING for trouble having it hang low under the car.

So what is the BEST way to run it? I need to have enough length to run it to the drivers side of the engine bay if the best way is through the passenger side. I have my bottle mounted on the drivers side, directly behind the rear seat so I can open/close the bottle from my seat, and read the PSI gauge.

I assume that running it through the interior of the car is a big no-no in case the line breaks?

• Sponsors (?)

i ran mine through car interior , and how are you going to break the line anyway? isn't it like covered in metal? also i had the bottle behind passenger seat so i can open and close it on the go.

That's what I ended up doing for now.

I didn't trust the line under the car the way it was routed, and I didn't have enough line to run it through the passenger fenderwell and across the engine.

So, I ran it down the rear seat and snaked it under the carpet (it's all covered by the trim except for a 4-5" piece coming from the back seat, trim was too tight to fit it under there) to the front, ran it out the side where there's a grommet running wires into the door and snaked it into the drivers side fender.

I got a coat hanger, bent the end so it could snag the nitrous line, and pulled it out through the windshield washer container opener in the engine bay. The extra line will now snake around perfectly to the solenoid.

I am still a little apprehensive about running it through the car, but I am not going to be using the kit much, and a lot of people do run it that way. But it's done... now I just need to get to the actual work.

That's what I ended up doing for now.

I didn't trust the line under the car the way it was routed, and I didn't have enough line to run it through the passenger fenderwell and across the engine.

So, I ran it down the rear seat and snaked it under the carpet (it's all covered by the trim except for a 4-5" piece coming from the back seat, trim was too tight to fit it under there) to the front, ran it out the side where there's a grommet running wires into the door and snaked it into the drivers side fender.

I got a coat hanger, bent the end so it could snag the nitrous line, and pulled it out through the windshield washer container opener in the engine bay. The extra line will now snake around perfectly to the solenoid.

I am still a little apprehensive about running it through the car, but I am not going to be using the kit much, and a lot of people do run it that way. But it's done... now I just need to get to the actual work.

you will go through bottles so fast you will go bankrupt , its really fun and exciting the first time , don't fear the red button :D

pull the line thru the plug where the ABS wires run to the rear axle just in front of the forward LCA bolt. i ran mine along the sub frame, pulled the inner fender and into the engine compartment then all the way to the front of the IC to the sprayer. you should have more than enough line

you will go through bottles so fast you will go bankrupt , its really fun and exciting the first time , don't fear the red button :D

Haha, yeah I will probably get hooked on it pretty quick.

pull the line thru the plug where the ABS wires run to the rear axle just in front of the forward LCA bolt. i ran mine along the sub frame, pulled the inner fender and into the engine compartment then all the way to the front of the IC to the sprayer. you should have more than enough line

I believe it was that hole, or the one right after where I pulled the line through.

If I had subframe connectors, I could zip tie it along the drivers side and do that, but on the passengers side I would need another foot or foot and a half of line. The bottle is on the drivers side right behind the rear seat, so that is taking up some room... didn't want to mount it where it traditionally goes since I couldn't reach it or see my PSI gauge.

I think it was only 14' of line. 16' would have been good for running it that way. The solenoids are mounted on the drivers side of the intake plenum. Had they mounted on the passenger side, that would have worked fine... no way to mount them over there with this setup, though.