Best Way To Sound Deaden A Fox

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Nice title huh, lol. What's the best way to get one of these cars somewhat quiet on the inside? Been looking at some Lizardskin or dynamat, maybe a combination of both. Anyone have any experience with any form/type of sound deadeners installed in their fox? Results? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I noticed a difference when i put the mass backed carpet in my vert, but its a vert and there's not much you can do about noise in it. There was a guy on the HAMB selling some kind of sound deading mat that cost less than dynamat.

Thanks for the link.

I was thinking of doing a spray plus a lay down material and maybe the mass backed carpet as well. Don't want to waste money though but want the car to be somewhat quieter than it is now. My idea is add all this sound reduction then I can add a cam, fair trade in my eyes, lol.

I used the Proform 12x12 sound deadening sheets (similar to the dynamat). They worked well to reduce road noise. Must have added 15lbs of weight to the car though. Heavy buggers. The adhesive backing on them sucks...so plan on picking up some contact cement if you really want them to adhere.

I used fatmat, theres about 40 sq feet there, 100 sq feet cost me 230 bucks. pretty easy to install and it was a huge difference in sound and more importantly the car dosent radiate heat like it did before

I used Stinger Road kill. pretty much exactly the same as Dynamat, except that 36 sq ft. cost me 95.00. So between the Fat mat and this Stinger stuff, the price is about the same. I went a little farther than 90 LX did w/ the product, (up the sides of the inner quarters to the headliner), and like his results, the noise level is so good inside the car you forget you're in a Mustang. Probably added 60+ lbs. but no regrets for my street car.

Here's mine:

mustangengineswap247.jpg

mustangengineswap249.jpg

mustangengineswap251.jpg

Unlike 90 LX's car, my roll bar serves no structural purpose other than to hold my seatbelts though;)

Attachments

• mustangengineswap247.jpg
    mustangengineswap247.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 396
  • mustangengineswap249.jpg
    mustangengineswap249.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 161
  • mustangengineswap251.jpg
    mustangengineswap251.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys use the special roller tool to make sure the sound deadening adhesive sticks down flat in all the crevices? Also, did you clean the floor at all before laying it down? Maybe some dawn dish soap and a good grease and wax remover? Thinking of sound deadening the '90 and curious too.