Better Beater 93 Build

Better beater

Active User
Nov 28, 2015
Aloha everyone. New member here! I'm going to document my build so far. Any feedback would be appreciated! Hope this is the correct location for this build thread? Anyways her it goes!

• Sponsors (?)

Also having trouble uploading pics. If someone could help me out. That would be great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 163
This is basically how I got her. It took a lot of cleaning to get to this point. The car had been sitting under a tree for about 2 years surprisingly though it started right up with a good battery. But the alternator wasn't charging.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So after replacing the alternator it still wouldn't charge. I had to open up the main wiring harness to find a broken wire. I guess the alt is supposed to have a 12v trigger and without that signal wire it wouldnt charge. Took awhile but got it sorted.

Here is a shot of the drive out to my shop. I usually have full use of this place after work and on the weekends.
image.jpg

image.jpg
So as of right now the car runs and drives great however I'm going to swap the sn master/booster and pedal assembly over soon because the rear breaks aren't doing much. Also the rims that I got with the sn95 were hideous :/ and so wide that I wouldn't pass a safety inspection. They would also bottom out on the fender wells going over bumps So I started looking for a different set. At first I was going to buy a set of steel bassets because there cheap and I can get free shipping on Amazon prime. Idk if anyone here is familiar with living in hawaii but the shipping prices are insane!
After about a week of shopping I found a set of bullets 17x8 on Craigslist and went to check them out. Turned out they were brand spanking new oem ford rims!! Gave the guy $350 and loaded them up. Had them installed on the car the next morning.

Wow...Hawaii jeesh. I can only imagine the shipping rates. Good job... I'll be watching this build.

Reactions: 1 user
So I grabbed a set of tires off the shelf and slapped them on. I don't think I would have bought these sizes. But it's what we had so I decided to try them out. The rears are 255/60r17 just incase anyone was wondering . The rims are also 2005+ with some deep back spacing.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
So as of right now the car runs and drives great however I'm going to swap the sn master/booster and pedal assembly over soon because the rear breaks aren't doing much. Also the rims that I got with the sn95 were hideous :/ and so wide that I wouldn't pass a safety inspection. They would also bottom out on the fender wells going over bumps So I started looking for a different set. At first I was going to buy a set of steel bassets because there cheap and I can get free shipping on Amazon prime. Idk if anyone here is familiar with living in hawaii but the shipping prices are insane!
After about a week of shopping I found a set of bullets 17x8 on Craigslist and went to check them out. Turned out they were brand spanking new oem ford rims!! Gave the guy $350 and loaded them up. Had them installed on the car the next morning.

I would get an adjustable proportioning valve so you can adjust the brake bias.. It installs easily under the hood at the junction on the firewall..

The sn95 prop valve will work. I used one on my last build. That booster will help with braking pressure for sure. The factory sn95 stuff worked great for me. The SLP line lock made burnouts amazing. [emoji106]