Bickering and Bashing Threads

VibrantRedGT said:
When I mentioned one forum it was when 94-95 had ONE room. Not one for tech and one for talk. FOX and 94-95 boards have been seperated since 2001.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, you want a single 94/95 room again? Just tech, and no talk, the way it was before? I like the talk section, it keeps the BS out of tech. :shrug:

But enough about tech/talk, this thread is about flames and personal attacks, which should not be tolerated. I think I mentioned it before, and it got shot down, but maybe we should have a "war zone" so to speak, a seperate non-mustang forum (kinda like the Wild Horse Saloon) where people can say (for the most part) what they want. Maybe that will keep the bickering out of the tech threads. Then the mods can crack down on those cluttering up tech with their whiny BS. :shrug:

VibrantRedGT said:
You won't get hit unless you want one.

<-------See the Penguin over there.

:rlaugh: :lol:

• Sponsors (?)

I think sometimes people are just bored or frustrated about..could be anything..maybe they want to fix up their cars more and can't spend/don't have the money. Some people take it out on the roads others the forums. Either way itls like punching yourself in the face. Overall I like this forum and yes Paul is a great contributor. I am also ok with people who are willing to give suggestions that may or may not be the fix. There's nothing wrong with that. No one is here has to have the perfect answer all the time, nor should they be looked down on b/c they don't. Just do your best and contribute.

what?! are you guys kidding?!

I forgot about all this until I checked today and saw what developed. I think there are way more guilty parties here than are admitting. I also feel as if there's no reason to gang up on 1evil88vert.

I DO THINK WE NEED A FORUM SPECIFICALLY FOR ARGUMENTS. :nice:

If there was one, I could've spoken my mind by now. I did not ask for everyone to bash my vehicle or myself, I asked for generic opinions about AFR heads. So yes, I DID ask a blanket question. I direct all those who're angry at my lack of evidence, or my vagueness, or even the setup of my car, straight to the beginning of the thread. :bang:

For all those who protect Paul and his greatness, :hail2: remember, he was the first one to make any sort of slanderous comment to anybody. I guarantee I know less than a lot of people here, and I also gaurantee I know a lot more than a lot of people here. To tell somebody they don't know what the hell they're talking about is a DIRECT slap in the face, and that's what angered me. There isn't a single person here who has the right to act as if they're better than anyone else, even if their 12 second "perfect" car with a blown motor was in a magazine. For others to condone and encourage his and grn92LX's behavior is condoning mine AND 1evil88vert's. :notnice:

Everyone needs to read more carefully around here. What's not said is not always a sign of ignorance. I still hold almost everyone around here in great esteem EXCEPT "grn92lx" and "perfect Paul".

Everyone on most of these forums seems to be out to portray themselves as the expert. Most people on here DO know what they're talking about, and don't need to be"told off" by errogant people with more money and nicer cars. Maybe they're forgetting that hot rodding is supposed to be fun. So everyone needs to take a giant chill pill and stop sharking the forums for people who appear to be ignorant in the vain hopes that they can slam the "ignorant" party and feel good about themselves. :fuss:

THANK you.
Now, I must go get some good, honest, HUNGRY texans their french fries. :spot:

VibrantRedGT said:
When I mentioned one forum it was when 94-95 had ONE room. Not one for tech and one for talk. FOX and 94-95 boards have been seperated since 2001.

You won't get hit unless you want one.

<-------See the Penguin over there.

Okay.

Anyways, I think there are a few on here because they can drive good or have some money (I'm honestly not pointing anyone in particular out) and that qualifys them as experts...I just don't understand that :shrug: And for the ones that say well this person has been there and done that? What all different mods did they try so they could get that "been there done that"? Backup what you say of someone or have them do it. Also, "some" on here get away with being rude or putting down a part because they can drive good or have some money for the "good parts". I don't understand how that can be tolerated any less than "us"?

One person does not need to overlap another's opinion to a point.

I don't think there should be an argument forum because it might help but won't solve any problems. Reason being is that misinformed information or opinions are going to be expressed in any part of the forum (tech or "argument" section) and thus, it will begin more arguments no matter where at.

Oh and just to throw it in...I think the whole CAPS thing to interject a point is funny. Too many people DO it now so IT lost it's POINT. :D

This stuff really kills me.. I wish there was some way to block users who talk trash in these forums...

The way these forums were last year is why these forums were so great... since the crash (actually a little before) these forums have gone down hill...

How about a section that you need at least 100 posts to be abel to post in to discourage noobs from posting???

To play devils advocate, sometimes the personal attacks are motivated from others here on the board. When you subtley say to someone that they don't know what they are talking about, people get upset and mouth off. Which I understand, everyone needs to vent. And the internet is the greatest place to do so. So I do sympathize.

But, this forum isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship. You do what you are told or you GTFO. Plain and simple. If they want you to take pictures of your dog with a pink tu tu on, you do so, or you are gone. It's just that simple. To post here requires a sacrifice of rights, just like driving a car, it's a privilege. Sorry guys.
Scott

subtle?

I didn't think it was subtle how I was told anything, or that "new" people are the "problem" here. I also don't believe running a forum like a college frat, complete with initiations, orders and restricted privileges is in anyone's best interest here. I do believe people should maintain their civility. Breaking this rule is something I'm guilty of...... Anyhow; look at how many people are members here. 90,000 members means something is going right.... I'm here, aren't I? The reason I'm here is because I was encouraged by my local mustang community. I wouldn't be here if there were people telling me to do rediculous things. Maintaining a welcoming atmosphere doesn't involve "doing what you're told or GTFO", it just takes people minding their @%$# manners. Kick me out if you must, but you admitted it, the bashing began with members who've been here longer. And that's not what brings new guys, or "noobs" here. And now, for no reason, a dancing banana:

:banana:

so much negativity. let's discuss, not argue. the mustang is the greatest american car ever made, i'd say, and this forum has some of the greatest guys out there. i'm glad there's a place i can go to and get some answers.

i told myself i wouldn't cry <tear>, but, even though i've only been here for 67 posts, hell, i love you guys... hehe.

I guess I gotta agree that some of what was said in that thread mentioned above was over the line. No need to brow beat someone. And no need to repost the same questions/comments or criticisms before the original poster even has a chance to respond.

But also, I think what I'm reading in this thread seems to be more than just a bit overblown. If someone calls me an idiot straight out on a forum, I move on. If they disagree with me, or I with them, I might try to continue the conversation enough to draw out that difference of opinion a little better without being intentionally offensive. And I think I see a lot of that approach going on in this forum. People generally share useful information, and argue constructively. So why does this seem to be such a hot issue?

Am I missing something here?

my dad is in the hospital right now with cancer and has reminded me what is important ... that life is way too short for stupid pointless arguments that get people nowhere.

the only thing personal attacks accomplish is pissing everyone off. there is absolutely no possibility of anything positive coming from it.

everyone it entitled to their opinion. if we can agree that we have differing opinions and just move on, everyone will be better off in the long run and this forum will continue to be the #1 best place for us 94/95 folks.

you will learn this stuff when you are married. if you don't learn how to do it, you won't be married very long.

walker95svt said:
I didn't think it was subtle how I was told anything, or that "new" people are the "problem" here. I also don't believe running a forum like a college frat, complete with initiations, orders and restricted privileges is in anyone's best interest here. I do believe people should maintain their civility. Breaking this rule is something I'm guilty of...... Anyhow; look at how many people are members here. 90,000 members means something is going right.... I'm here, aren't I? The reason I'm here is because I was encouraged by my local mustang community. I wouldn't be here if there were people telling me to do rediculous things. Maintaining a welcoming atmosphere doesn't involve "doing what you're told or GTFO", it just takes people minding their @%$# manners. Kick me out if you must, but you admitted it, the bashing began with members who've been here longer. And that's not what brings new guys, or "noobs" here. And now, for no reason, a dancing banana:

:banana:

All I meant was if you cannot follow the rules, get out. Plain and simple. The rules are here for a reason. People have literally KILLED one another over stupid internet forum arguments. So I completely understand the ghestapo rules. Stangnet could be sued over dumb crap like that.

Usually the new people here get "talked down to" sometimes in an attempt to conform them to a better internet browser and improve self-learning. At my work, many times I will see a RV with a brand new component, and no one knows how to diagnose it. So you have to figure it out for yourself. And that is key to life, learning how to learn. So when people don't use the search button before posting a thread, it creates tension. I cannot tell you how many times I have reiterated that.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter. I hope all of you stay here because there is a wealth of knowledge to be had, and a wealth of experience to attain.
Scott

CManT1914 said:
Unless I am misunderstanding you, you want a single 94/95 room again? Just tech, and no talk, the way it was before? I like the talk section, it keeps the BS out of tech. :shrug:

But enough about tech/talk, this thread is about flames and personal attacks, which should not be tolerated. I think I mentioned it before, and it got shot down, but maybe we should have a "war zone" so to speak, a seperate non-mustang forum (kinda like the Wild Horse Saloon) where people can say (for the most part) what they want. Maybe that will keep the bickering out of the tech threads. Then the mods can crack down on those cluttering up tech with their whiny BS. :shrug:

:rlaugh: :lol:

Hey I was checking out another Forum and noticed that they have a "Callout/Grudge" forum - Uhmmmm.

I think if the criticism is constructive it's ok but not that "I know it all and you're stupid" stuff. Those people need to remember that they were once a NEWBEE to. They were not born with Mustang smarts. Just One Man's Opinion. Peace

Remember: TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.

94TURBO5 O said:
JR drives a slow car and its a P.O.S b/c it has a turbo.

:stupid:

JR's car sucks.
I wouldn't drive that thing to go get groceries if it was pitch black outside, raining, in a blind community.

And I also hate Paul's car too.
Don't you know Yellow and Stickers make your car go faster?
All he needs now are some "Eibach" "Miller" "Weld" "MoTeC" "Torco" "Moroso" "HAAS" "K&N" "BMEX" "Sony" & "Hankook" Stickers on his car and he's lookin at a 7.053 second car 1/4 mile.

Unbelievable :rolleyes:

:rlaugh:

Caldwell said:
:stupid:

JR's car sucks.
I wouldn't drive that thing to go get groceries if it was pitch black outside, raining, in a blind community.

And I also hate Paul's car too.
Don't you know Yellow and Stickers make your car go faster?
All he needs now are some "Eibach" "Miller" "Weld" "MoTeC" "Torco" "Moroso" "HAAS" "K&N" "BMEX" "Sony" & "Hankook" Stickers on his car and he's lookin at a 7.053 second car 1/4 mile.

Unbelievable :rolleyes:

:rlaugh:

Caldwell, your opinioon doesn't count because you're canadian. :canada: