Big Brake Setup Gt500 Foxbody

I'm digging the FTR Hydraulic E-Brake. I've been trying to hunt down part for the ABS Conversion. No luck so far but it is a Saturday and I haven't tried social media. I would be correct in saying that GT500 14" brakes are so radical that at the bare minimum I would need ABS on my fox?

• Sponsors (?)

I would be correct in saying that GT500 14" brakes are so radical that at the bare minimum I would need ABS on my fox?

I would definitely recommend it but it's going to depend on your use and quality of tires. Also, what rear brakes do you intend to use?

With discipline I'm sure you can run the setup sans ABS.

Btw, unsure if you knew but you want to look for a 94-95 abs system as they were 3channel and both rear brakes are conjoined like the fox mustang. The 96+ system uses two channels for the rear brakes, so you'll need to run additional brake lines

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I would definitely recommend it but it's going to depend on your use and quality of tires. Also, what rear brakes do you intend to use?

With discipline I'm sure you can run the setup sans ABS.

Btw, unsure if you knew but you want to look for a 94-95 abs system as they were 3channel and both rear brakes are conjoined like the fox mustang. The 96+ system uses two channels for the rear brakes, so you'll need to run additional brake lines

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Ok I'm sure I would be using a sticky track tire at track events, but obviously I would need street tires to work as well. I was hoping the Cobra Rear brakes would be enough to suffice.

Awesome thank for that info!