BIG news!

4bangen

Nov 3, 2004
Ok guys I told you that I was going to post pics when I have something to post. well at 2:00 today I will have something to post so check back for a plesant surprise!

• Sponsors (?)

sorry like I said I have no internet Im doing this all on other peoples pcs
what is that monster on the side of my motor? oh that is my new holset :D
yes I went to the junkyard and scored big! thats the big news It also came with the 3inch down pipe :banana: I will rebuild it as to match up with the fact that everything else on the car is fresh so shall this be.I have been smiling sence the day I picked it up,and dont think the smug look on my face will go away any time soon. also you are looking at my near complete motor,what do you think? that is all I have for now.
matt

thanks yall,ya the center shaft on the turbo turns out to be broken so It will need a full rebuild.I gess I will be learning how to rebuild a turbo soon! :nonono:
the motor that you see here will have a t3 on it the holset will go on the other motor in my coupe I just couldnt resist putting the monster on this one to see what it looks like.dang its big! :D
right know everythings back on hold due to the fact that I just bought an airplane ticket to go pick up my buick. That thing my get the holset after all :p .

evintho

thanks for the kind words. Its matalic grafite wheel paint I belive. or It might be charcloe. Ill have to double check. I will be clear coating all the brackets and pullies and stuff this weekend. I still have to paint the intake as well. Im going to put the t3 on the vert due to the fact that I dont think my a/c will fit if I use the holset. and in texas in augist when its 102 outside with out a breeze I want to be able to use the a/c. Call me crazy but I dont see suffering a heat stroke at a redlight being so fun. :p ill keep yall up to date on my progress.
matt

weekend update"pony down!"

I made some more progress on the vert over the weekend, I put the rear sway bar on, fresh coat of paint on the rear suspention, painted the calipers and drums, and oh ya I blew up my trans! :D I roasted the a4ld fianly, Looks like ive finaly got a good exuse to the wife for getting a c4!!!! :banana:
the only bad thing was I trashed it before I got to test out the handling with the new sway bar :nonono: . well that is all this morning, now I am gona go check out mikes update!

Mike SVOR said:
I hope you don't plan on running that holset with that E6 exhaust manifold...
No, not planning on that, its not even going on that motor. that motor is getting a stock turbo the other one I have(still sitting in peaces) is getting that turbo. Oh Mike by the way, in your tinkering and such have you come across the price of a rebuild kit for the holset?