BIG PROBLEM

TOOLOW91

If you're the village idiot what's that make me?
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
S.I.NY
okay so heres the story.. rewired the speakers directly to my radio no prob everythings working all taped up nice.. i start tucking it all away to do the final install of the radio and boom i lose power.. ok so i think i blew a fuse.. check both fuses and they are good.. there is power at the fuse but no power at the radio or inbetween... well what do you guys suggest i try now

• Sponsors (?)

I would pull the deck back out and check your power wires. Eaither your dimmer wire is touching or your ignition wire is exposed. You should not have blown a fuse just sliding it in the dash. Some open + wire is floating around. Dont want to set the car on fire :shrug:

no i had it out in my lap when it happend the issue was the metal on the outside of the plug for the factory amps grounded on the top of the brain for the pioneer and popped the fuse .. i have everything coverd more then enough trust me , i had a quad amp system in my blazer so i no about covering exposed wires and what not i just couldnt figure this out in the dark and it was killing me, but a night of sleeping on it and when i got to it after school i got it ..