Biggest decision for my car: Blower, or PI swap with nitrous?

• Sponsors (?)

americanjesus said:
I am also think about doing the pi switch. Would it be better just to get the intake and heads porter and put a different cam, or the pi switch would just work out better? thanks

I don't have a non-pi car, but from what I've read, the intake is really the restriction above 4.5-5k on non-pi's.

You can pick up pi heads w/cams, and the pi-intake cheap. Probably the best bang for the buck if you doing it yourself.

tomustang said:
come on, i have stock FORD parts :D

Mac 3in Catbacks
Foglight Rewire
K&N -Silencer
Energy Suspension End Links
Eibach Sportlines
KYBs S/S
Maximum Motorsports C/C Plates
FRPP 3.73's
2001 Park Brake Boot
Power Slot Rotors
Trans Cooler
PI Headswap
Ported Intake
Missing 4 cats
Hey, tomustang, I can't find part # for most of this stuff in my Ford parts catalogue. Do I just have out dated manual or something? :rlaugh:

PI intake swap from livernois , PI cams , and 125 NX wet kit ......the hell with changing the heads , its been proven over and over again the intakes the problem ........PI cams have more lift ......thats the route I would go and less labor also ......

2002BLGT said:
PI intake swap from livernois , PI cams , and 125 NX wet kit ......the hell with changing the heads , its been proven over and over again the intakes the problem ........PI cams have more lift ......thats the route I would go and less labor also ......
Yup, HP per $, that would be the cheapest way to go.

2002BLGT said:
well do a powerdyne supercharger or novi1000 or vortech S trim instead of the nitrous , the way I suggested doesnt affect the compression .....so supercharging would be fine ......
Yes a Vortech T trim would be awesome! But,horsepower per dollar
nitrous is the way to go! A NX 100 shot with all the saftey goodies
and a good tune you will be fine.Good luck with whatever you end
with.

MyEarsHurt said:
Well, I always thought no way I am getting a supercharger, just too expensive, I will just do the PI headswap instead and get some nice cams to go with it. Well now I am in a pickle.

After doing the math, I figure at least $1700 for PI heads, intake, gaskets, and a mild set of comp cams. Then down the road I could add a nitrous kit for like 600-700, well thats close to 2500 bucks total. Then I am sure there will be little things, cause projects like this always cost more than you anticipate them to cost.

The alternative, a much quicker installation, a vortech s trim kit, for like $3100.

To tell you the truth, I have no idea which one would make more power! I mean, I guess with the nitrous, that would obviously make more power, but if I dont spray, then the supercharger would make more power.

I am in a pickle, and I need help deciding where to spend my money. I will probably wait until after xmas to purchase anything because I am still saving, but the stang is in storage now, and I will be doing one of these installations by the time the snow melts.

Any and all opinions appreciated cause I am about to drop a fat load of cash on this...[/QUOTE

I went the PI head route with mine as I wanted to keep the reliability and fuel mileage of the stock engine, so I can take it on holidays or whatever,I'd be a little nervous about taking a S/C Stang on a 3000 mile trip to the coast.[S/C guys may argue otherwise, but thats what I was thinking about when I made my choice] If it wasn't for that, I would have went the S/C route. I guess it would depend on what you plan on using the car for.

Vortech kit for $3100? Sounds awefully incomplete to me. Supercharging also creates a whole new money pit. It's so easy to make more power, just turn up the boost. But then you need to have a built bottom end, blah blah blah......