Biggest piece of crap vehicle you have ever owned

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
To go along with the vehicles you have owned thread lets start the "What is the biggest piece of crap vehicle you have ever owned" thread.

Mine is a close race between a 90 Z24 Cavalier and a 97 GMC Jimmy SLT. Both were real **** piles. Everything went on both those vehicles. The thing that puts the Cavalier over the top though is the fact it would just power down on the highway. You would be just cruising along and them blam, it would just short out, start again, and a few miles later short out, I hated that car.

• Sponsors (?)

Cant say I had many problems. 1st car was my 91 gt, other then t5's going out when I was spraying it, it ran great, then had my 92 notch, now I have my 97 dodge ram and my 00 gt. So I really havnt owned any junk:D

I bought a new Ford Anglia (British) in Feb 1960. It was my first new car and cost $1,400. These cars were imported and sold by Mercury dealers in the U.S. Trim items started to fall off from the first day and had numerous electrical problems. It was a real POS.
I kept the car about 5 months and got totally disgusted and bought a new 1960 Plymouth Belvedere hardtop. The Plymouth was a beautiful yellow and white with the then new slant 6 engine and column shifter. It cost about $2,400 and was a real stretch for my budget but I ran that car for about 100,000 miles in 3 years and never had a major problem.
My next Ford was when I traded a '63 Beetle on a new '65 Mustang fastback (wish I still had it). It's been mostly good 'ole Ford products since then with very few problems.

Don

I've been kind of lucky. I never really had a real problem but the little knick knack crap I dealt with on my 99 Dakota would rank up there. Terrible gas mileage for a V6 and couldn't get out of it's own way. The AC was crap and I had to bring it in several times for minor electrical problems. It ran fine and never left me stranded but it still stands out as a gremlin.

95 saturn SW1

cracked head caused the oil to get into the coolant

swapped it out for another cheap junkyard SOHC motor which had bad seals or rings and burned almost as much oil as it did gas

the outside of the car was all plastic but the inner metal parts were all rusted and falling apart. whenever u slammed the door u could hear pieces fallin

check engine light would randomly go on/off

car would stall out randomly, even on the highway

had to push the brake pedal to the floor to stop

sold it for $500 and bought an 92 BMW 325 off a friend for $450 (great winter car!)

I had a couple, all the wife's cars. :)

93 Ford Tempo, had a 4 cylinder with a 3 speed auto. It was a total dog.

Second car was a 96 Saturn SL2. Like Urban96 mine was leaking oil at the seals, common problem with the Saturns. Its what I traded in for my GT. :D

never owned a piece of **** vehicle. well, 4 years ago or so, my father did give me his pickup truck when he bought his new truck. it was a 1990 ford f150 six banger. even though it never gave me any issues for the year i had it, it looked like ass. finally the computer went on it with the brakes, and i just let it die, thats when i traded my old gt for the hemi.

that truck was a solid worktruck, but like i said, it looked like ass. once, in a dunkin donuts parking lot, a mexican that looked JUST LIKE antonio banderas, and had a similarly ****ty looking truck, walked up to me and told me id never get 'da ladies' with my ride. then, he took another look at it, took a step back and said, 'holy ****, what a peice of **** you have' hahaha.

94 Thunderbird LX. went through two tranny rebuilds (**** you 4r70w) cause it was a piece of **** tranny that cant handle stock power let alone if you ever wanted to mod it, even with the weak-ass aftermarket that piece of **** MN12 chassis had. finnaly built the last tranny with a J-Mod, 3000rpm stall and an external cooler, and that tranny has lasted 4 years and is now my sisters car and she drives the piss out of it and its fine. oh it blew both head gaskets on a trip to los angeles but managed to limp it home down the grapevine to the central valley.

most reliable cars ive had are my 97 Eclipse GST (imagine that, a dsm most reliable? only down when it was getting modded) and my current 02 GT.

94 Thunderbird LX. went through two tranny rebuilds (**** you 4r70w) cause it was a piece of **** tranny that cant handle stock power let alone if you ever wanted to mod it, even with the weak-ass aftermarket that piece of **** MN12 chassis had. finnaly built the last tranny with a J-Mod, 3000rpm stall and an external cooler, and that tranny has lasted 4 years and is now my sisters car and she drives the piss out of it and its fine. oh it blew both head gaskets on a trip to los angeles but managed to limp it home down the grapevine to the central valley.

most reliable cars ive had are my 97 Eclipse GST (imagine that, a dsm most reliable? only down when it was getting modded) and my current 02 GT.

The 4R70W is an awsome tranny. Thats what the Mustangs have and what I have. My tranny is bone stock and runs like a champ to the tune of 11.6s.

99 dakota r/t. It had heads, intake, 2800 stall, shift kit, full exhaust, hedders, big roller rockers, and a ton of other bolton's and only made 245 hp to the rear wheels. Almost stock mustangs were out running me at the track.

I was young, just wrecked a car, and had no money. I bought a 1979 Dodge Omni 024. Biggest P.O.S. ever. I kept trying to save up for another car, but that one kept dying on me. I even put a new $500 transmission into the <$500 car. Dumb. Two weeks later, it completely died. Dumber.