Bilstein BTS or MM Starter Box...?

From what I can tell there is a LOT of different info on here about "correctly" upgrading suspension/lowering the ride height. Im not looking into building a serious corner carver here, but mostly wanting to shed an 1" to 1.5" off of my 99 cobra mostly for appearance while the handling is an extra bonus. Also decided to stick with the stock 17" wheels after a long debate against 18" if that makes a difference.

So far ive decided to start with one of two turn-key packages, mostly to eliminate any guesswork between combining springs with shocks/struts, cutting springs, removing isolators, or "trial and error" to get a good look. $No thanks$

Anyone installed a Bilstein BTS kit or Maximum Motorsports Starter Box and had good results? Neither seems to claim a specific ride height so far as how many inches it will be lowered, or if the rear of the car settles down to the same ride height as the front. That is exactly what im after. I know that either kit has awesome quality.

Another thing, the MM kit comes additionally with C&C plates and replacement urethane Isolators while the Bilstein BTS is just springs with shocks/struts. Like I said no corner carver road racer here, but do I even need the C&C plates installed to get it aligned correctly? Anyone have serious opinions about Bilstein springs versus H&R Race Springs?

Here are the kits websites:
Bilstein BTS
Maximum Motorsports

PS If you have them handy post some pics along your mods too!

• Sponsors (?)

That being said, try calling up the folks at Maximum Motorsports and ask about the "before/after" ride height measurement for their "Starter Box" set; their tech support is top notch. G'luck! :cheers:

+1... they were very professional and knew exactly how to tailor what I am looking for... in fact the MM tech recommended, for my app, the Bilstein BTS over his own product and purchasing the isolators separately. Something to do with that H&R Race springs typically lowered the front more than the rear, thus making the rear end still taller than the front. :shrug:

Stang Suspension was also real knowledgable about either product and stood behind them performance wise, but seemed to be a real toss up as to which kit would "look better." Again im kind of after a good clean lowered look over extreme performance/ poor ride quality. :rolleyes:

Im still looking for a pic if anyone has installed either kit, much appreciated!