Black Bullet Rims

DRFT_STNG

Jun 14, 2004
ok.. i was thinking about getting some black buttet rims on my blue '95 GT and was wondering if anyone on here had some.. i dont know wether to get the 17" or 18" rims :shrug: .. and suggestions?? and do the 18" rims screw up the speedomiter and all that crap?? and if anyone has any pictures that would be great too.. thanx

• Sponsors (?)

I must like them alot. I have 6 of them. :rlaugh:

AFSwheels on ebay. Mine are all 17x9s - I thought about getting 10.5 on the last 2 but I don't want to burn up that expensive of a tire. :rolleyes:

gcom_stang2.jpg

brakes2.jpg

brakes.jpg

gcom_stang4.jpg

IMO, I think black and blue isn't a very good combo... on the other hand, I think Blue and Chrome is absolutely stunning, regardless of light or dark blue. I know it'd be neat to have something different, but blue and chrome is even better then black and chrome.

I guess I am biased because there is a 97 blue stang in town with supposedly over 600 horse (I have seen the 351 and SC, no dyno sheets) that has Chrome Cobra Rs and damn is it sexy looking.

Just my .02.

gcomfx.com said:
I must like them alot. I have 6 of them. :rlaugh:

AFSwheels on ebay. Mine are all 17x9s - I thought about getting 10.5 on the last 2 but I don't want to burn up that expensive of a tire. :rolleyes:

gcom_stang2.jpg

Man paul your car is so similar to mine its scary. Same color and almost the same wheels too. I've got the OEM bullits off an 01' gt. Wish I had a pic to post so you could see. Looking good though! Pretty soon I'll be running that same Zex kit too.

Anyway back on subject. I agree that blue cars look better with chrome wheels But I can understand wanting to do something different. That's the reason I went with the bullits on my car to begin with, then I found stangnet and realized I was the ten thousandth person to do it. Go figure.

89 blue lx said:
i personally think that chorme polished or silver looks best on blue cars (im getting polished saleens thurs) but i did a chop of black rims and i thought it looked pretty good
574322_22_full.jpg
I think the red calipers take away from those chrome rims, since the rims are thin.

I agree tho that polished and chrome look good on blue!
RC

mystang94gt said:
Man paul your car is so similar to mine its scary. Same color and almost the same wheels too. I've got the OEM bullits off an 01' gt. Wish I had a pic to post so you could see. Looking good though! Pretty soon I'll be running that same Zex kit too.

When I bought my car it had these:

burn_mini.jpg

new_stang1.jpg

My friends used to call them PROBE wheels. :rolleyes: But hey they came on the car. I sold them and got the Black Bullitts and have nothing but compliments since. My dad is the biggest "everything has to be stock" Non-modding person on the planet. :nonono: When I told him I was buying BLACK wheels he about dumped a load in his shorts right there.

Guess what, now he's my cars biggest fan!!! :D

I would love to see some pics of yours for comparison. My C stripe is the reflective one that is kewl at night when it turns white in headlights, but I don't care for it looking "grey" sometimes during the day. I'm thinking of having it redone with a pure black C stripe since it's starting to come off in a few places. :shrug:

I hate taking care of the tailpipes, and would like to put dumps on the car, but I'm kind of afraid the cars looks depend too much on them to go with the Black Bullitts shinny rings....

I've yet to see Black Bullitts on a dark car, but I'm not sure they would look good since the shinny rings will stand out SOOOO much. :(

If they were SOLID black all the way they might look pretty mean, but I'm a big contrast person. I've got to have lights and darks. Thus the reason I had to paint my brake calipurs. Now I just need to do the back ones and I'll be ready to go....

gcom_stang.jpg

Attachments

• burn_mini.jpg
    burn_mini.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 43
  • new_stang1.jpg
    new_stang1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 78
gcomfx.com said:
I would love to see some pics of yours for comparison. My C stripe is the reflective one that is kewl at night when it turns white in headlights, but I don't care for it looking "grey" sometimes during the day. I'm thinking of having it redone with a pure black C stripe since it's starting to come off in a few places. :shrug:

I hate taking care of the tailpipes, and would like to put dumps on the car, but I'm kind of afraid the cars looks depend too much on them to go with the Black Bullitts shinny rings....

I've yet to see Black Bullitts on a dark car, but I'm not sure they would look good since the shinny rings will stand out SOOOO much. :(

gcom_stang.jpg

I'm going to try and get some pics on my car on my yahoo photo acct this weekend then I think I might be able to post them. We'll see Im pretty computer iliterate dispite the fact that I work for a software company. LOL. But I do agree about the contrast. My plan was to get rid of everything shiny. But I agree I need to keep the chrome tailpipes to go along with the shiny lip of my wheels. Besides that I need to tint my windows and get the smoked headlights for that dark look. But the wheels set my car off! For some reason that charcoal color looks great with my paint.