Black Cloth Convertible Top

MRAMZNG

Feb 4, 2016
THE 2009 STANG has the optional cloth top which has some scuff areas , the cloth is shiny in these areas.I have been to FORD dealers and convertible top installer shops to no avail as to how to fix the problem ANY IDEAS ?? View attachment 549880

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I use RaggTop Cleaner and protector and it made my top look like new - but it is pretty new being a 2014 - but it had some white stuff on it that wouldn't come off any other way and after we did the top following the instructions - it looks great. It might be a way to start. See what it looks like afterwards. You might need a new top.....but try RaggTop first. It was fantastic with mine.

Thanks for your reply I have cleaned it with the stuff for cloth tops the top is like brand new as is the whole car . These areas are like where the top rubs against itself when going down and up. It has caused a shiny area unlike the normal dull or flat finish of the original look. thanks for your help!!

I found and ordered some stuff from amazon called Protex world convertible soft top canvas restorer black. When I get it and try it on the scuffed areas I will report back. It has good reviews so I will see.