Black-out Headlights and Minnesota

• Sponsors (?)

You already bought them and now you're asking about them? :nonono:

Hopefully the police won't hassle you about them during the daytime, but it will get really old pulling over to take them off every time it gets dark. I don't know how they attach- it might not be too bad.

Minnesota doesn't let you get away with much. I used to live there, and live in Texas now. I see cars here every day that would get pulled over in five minutes in Minnesota! You might check the DMV web site. Some states don't allow those covers on the road- even during daytime.

I think I'll just chalk that up to acting before I thought about it. I wanted something like those because I just got a pair of tail lights from a 98 and I'm gonna paint the bezel black. I thought it would look cool in contrast to my car being red. I wanted something to balance the front of the car out, so I thought those covers might be nice. Oh well, I'll just use them for photo-opps and save up for either the cobra light set or the actual smoked ones from www.50resto.com.

Should be interesting though. Ill post some pics after I get it finished.

I wouldn't get them. I live in North Dakota, and I crossed over to Moorhead MN when I was in Fargo. No less then 10 minutes later I got picked up. It wasn't even dark out yet. He gave me a verbal warning because I'm not from Fargo/Moorhead and didn't know about the screwy MN laws...:nonono: Radar detectors are even illegal there, good thing I didn't have mine along.

lol, hey Minnesota isn't THAT bad. Your comments did make me laugh, and yet they are pretty true, MN laws are damn strict. But oh well, after i get my windows tinted to 20% this summer, we'll see how long it is before i get pulled over.

whoa

Thats about as smoked as you can get isn't it?

Yea, well i have a branch off his question, and it would be a waste to start a brand new post.

Smoked headlights can be bought pre smoked, but isn't it just like a spray that you would do on the inside of pre-existing headlights?

If thats the case, which would cost less to do?

They suck at night.....I even have the cobra fogs up front and still can't see to drive around at night. I personally would've just got smoked headlights (I've already done that) and they have full light capabilities at nighttime, but smoked look during the day