Black Out Letter On Rear Bumper

Zackqb2

May 13, 2009
Kentucky
I have seen a lot of stangs with their letters blacked out on the rear bumper I know that they make a sticker inlay for them but I was thinking about painting this myself has anyone ever done this.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I wouldnt do it. Would involve scuffing paint to get the new paint to hold well, even with taping it off, still likely to scratch something, plus I think it looks tacky and usually flakes anyways or fades really bad after a while. Even the stickon ones and inserts look like garbage after a year or so.

the previous onwer of my car painted it and it looks horrible, the paint is flaking and not even close to being in the lines. i got the overlays and stuck them over it till i can get some time to pull the bumper off and respray it. theres also a lot of yellow paint on the drivers side. damn road line painters

you could always just buy the vinyl stickers, then buy a solid piece of vinyl... stick it on that, then cut the letters out of the strip.... that way you have the reverse of what it was, stick that vinyl around the letters on your bumper so only the MUSTANG is exposed... ruff the letters up, paint it, clear it.. then take the vinyl off