Black = very nice

You have put alot of work into this and it shows. I know how much of a pain in the ass interiors can be as i just finished putting mine back in and had to modify alot of it for the 6 point roll bar, the battery relocation and other junk.

I have some extra emblems (running horse) at home you might want for your dash. ill take some pictures tonight.

• Sponsors (?)

hey ryan theres a guy here in SA selling a 140 speedo for $75 just wanted to let you know since you are/were looking for one http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/90-93-140-mph-speedo-cluster-31226.html

wrong year..or else i would be all over that...pretty good deal they go for 100+ on ebay

only a 87-89 will work for my 88..non airbag or something like that.

You have put alot of work into this and it shows. I know how much of a pain in the ass interiors can be as i just finished putting mine back in and had to modify alot of it for the 6 point roll bar, the battery relocation and other junk.

I have some extra emblems (running horse) at home you might want for your dash. ill take some pictures tonight.

it wasent to bad....the dash was the biggest PITA but it turned out good....i really love the look of the black....i just got to figure out what i want to do with seats and carpet....black and black or to gow ith gret seats. idk if i can get my hans on some black LX or GT seats then im going with black carpet.

yeah tale some pics of the dash emblems....what ones you have..ill pm you after you post the pics for prices and such.

Thanks!

wrong year..or else i would be all over that...pretty good deal they go for 100+ on ebay

only a 87-89 will work for my 88..non airbag or something like that.

it wasent to bad....the dash was the biggest PITA but it turned out good....i really love the look of the black....i just got to figure out what i want to do with seats and carpet....black and black or to gow ith gret seats. idk if i can get my hans on some black LX or GT seats then im going with black carpet.

yeah tale some pics of the dash emblems....what ones you have..ill pm you after you post the pics for prices and such.

Thanks!

If you like any of the emblems, ill send ya one for free. They are just sitting in my toolbox.

Check your PMs

how is the duplicolor glossy black paint? will that look ugly for the interior? i got me black not glossy but i was just wondering how it would look.

also ryan can you tell me where are the bolts to remove the console? is is on the sides and on the dash?

i used the glossy black and not the flat black..i bought both and tried them on a extra panel i had and the flat black ended up being a darkish Grey...

what part do you mean? to remove the center counsel you have to pull up the shifter trim there will be two Phillips and then remove the armrest. there is to covers or plugs or whatever you want to call them. pop them of with a flat head then there are 2 on each side 8mm that you need to remove then that pulls off...i had to wiggle mine a little...then there will be 2 more Phillips that you need to remove...pull up the e brake and slide that portion of it out of there and set it a side..then the other bolts will be in sight to remove the rest....

this pic is when it was in the garage with all the over head lights...

blackinteriorconversionbluetobla-7.jpg

then this is in sun light. at around 6 at night.

blackinteriorconversionbluetobla-18.jpg

blackinteriorconversionbluetobla-17.jpg

it wont turn out as glossy as you think...one thing i was worried about...but it came out good....this is what a org. black interior looks like from ford.

b737_3.jpg

joe's stang(i think)...

his is a little glossy and thats the look i wanted.

ryan, some black interior magic crap or whatever you prefer(turtle wax interior wax for me) will make the black shine out alot more, my grey int.looked dull when I first did it too, put some stuff on it and it will come out glossy(if thats the look you want)

i used the glossy black and not the flat black..i bought both and tried them on a extra panel i had and the flat black ended up being a darkish Grey...

what part do you mean? to remove the center counsel you have to pull up the shifter trim there will be two Phillips and then remove the armrest. there is to covers or plugs or whatever you want to call them. pop them of with a flat head then there are 2 on each side 8mm that you need to remove then that pulls off...i had to wiggle mine a little...then there will be 2 more Phillips that you need to remove...pull up the e brake and slide that portion of it out of there and set it a side..then the other bolts will be in sight to remove the rest....

this pic is when it was in the garage with all the over head lights...

blackinteriorconversionbluetobla-7.jpg

then this is in sun light. at around 6 at night.

blackinteriorconversionbluetobla-18.jpg

blackinteriorconversionbluetobla-17.jpg

it wont turn out as glossy as you think...one thing i was worried about...but it came out good....this is what a org. black interior looks like from ford.

b737_3.jpg

joe's stang(i think)...

his is a little glossy and thats the look i wanted.

coo thanks...yea thats what i was asking hehe. coo i guess im gonna have to get me the glossy kind i picked up one bottle of regular black and yea it looked ok somewhat like you said smoked gray. but im going to pick me up the glossy ones then. my dash i will just probably paint the gray part and see if the rest matches the black if not i will have to repaint the whole dash.

It will work you just have to take the cluster apart and swap that speedometer into your cluster.. I did it in my 87..

is it easy to do? i dont want to get one then **** it up right off the back?

ryan, some black interior magic crap or whatever you prefer(turtle wax interior wax for me) will make the black shine out alot more, my grey int.looked dull when I first did it too, put some stuff on it and it will come out glossy(if thats the look you want)

yeah my budy uses that on his 95...works really well. i havent bother trying any on mine yet.

damn painting some parts are a bitch some parts wont get the paint all that good... i cleaned the parts with tuff stuff and with rubbing alcohol.but ill tell my dad to help me tomorrow hopefully he can get those parts painted good hehe.

light coats is the key...make sure all the rubbing alcohol is all evaperated before you lay any paint.

btw how old are you?

no shame in that...got to start sometime..keep 6-8 inchs back when painting it....read the can pretty much i did as it said.

oh take some before and after pics and post them in here!

yea true that....yea i was reading it im gonna start painting the rest tomorrow and do you think that using thinner will be good also to clean or no?....will do ill get some pics tomorrow

also i started to remove my console but i have to remove some screws near the hatch release button.

ill get some pics tomorrow just let me make sure i get it painted with no faded parts and ill take pics of that and pics of the gray interrior (for before pics)

I've been searching for some used grey interior for a while now...but i've completely changed my mind.

I can't believe I didnt think of this. Seen it done but never thought about doing it.

I actually already started taking things off....got the whole console off tonight. That was a total ******. I got all the screws off....then started to take the A/C controls off, but i ended up stripping my star bit. Eventually got that off with a socket. Finally got everything off...put the car in 4th, and then I couldnt get the console angled right so it would clear the shifter. Of course it wouldn't, so i had to take the top-half portion of the shifter off, then I finally got it out. Then I preceded to wonder what kind of pack rat used to own my car. There was about 5 bucks in change under the thing, and just lil pieces of paper, all kinds of stuff.

Aahhhhhh...anyways...Probably gunna take both door panels off tomorrow and some other things.

Oh yeah.....the panel that is on both sides of the dash...did you have to take that off, or did you just tape it off and paint in the car?

Sorry for all my rambling. I will get some pics in here maybe tomorrow or the next day.:D