Black = very nice

Before laying down any black, you really should use an adhesion promoter. I did and the coats went right on and they look real good. I probably have 15 coats on my door panels and a good 5-6+ on plastic pieces.

I could get pics of my dyed pieces. I redid the 1/4 panels (the parts have been sitting for a year and I cleaned and needed to re apply the dye.) and will be redying everything with a coat or two to make them look uniform before going in.

• Sponsors (?)

its been close to 6 months since i dyed my interior and i figured i would post some pics of what it looks like now to show you how it has been holding up...its been driven about 400 miles since it was done and is still holding up great. the only areas i have a problem with is the door sills becasue of peoples feet draging over them.

i still havent done carpet or seats because i cant decided weather i want black seats, grey carpet and then a few grey inserts on the door panles. or to do grey carpet, black seats, and then a few inserts or just go all black, choices choices. ive gone a complet different direction with the car since i bought it so the paint color will not be original, the idea of keeping the car looking like it did when it came from ford in 88 kinda went out the window after about 2 days of ownership.

anywhere here are some pics.

5 inchs of snow sucks btw.

figure ill add a before shot too!

View attachment 343576
View attachment 343578
88mustang12-6-06002.jpg

88mustang12-6-06004.jpg

88mustang12-6-06005.jpg

88mustang12-6-06009.jpg

88mustangmisc.011.jpg

if done right you can have a black interior for very cheap!

cant tell me the tuff stuff...$6
5 cans of paint/dye............$30

wasent worth it for the change it made....i love it.

Attachments

• 88mustang12-6-06002.jpg
    88mustang12-6-06002.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 68
  • 88mustang12-6-06004.jpg
    88mustang12-6-06004.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 88mustang12-6-06005.jpg
    88mustang12-6-06005.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 88mustang12-6-06009.jpg
    88mustang12-6-06009.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 51
  • 88mustangmisc.011.jpg
    88mustangmisc.011.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 52
Trust me, you might not come on and admit it, but it will wear...

Like said before, 3000+ miles easily on mine, and there is red that came through in a couple places, it scratched in a place or two etc. It looks good and touches up easily, but the wear is why I plan to actually do a real black interior!

Trust me, you might not come on and admit it, but it will wear...

Like said before, 3000+ miles easily on mine, and there is red that came through in a couple places, it scratched in a place or two etc. It looks good and touches up easily, but the wear is why I plan to actually do a real black interior!

i have. like i said the only pieces i have problems with is the door sills...nonthing else so far...the dash its not like its getting rested on so its perfect. same with most of the other peices...

Having a bit of the same luck with my '86 'vert. The stuff I've been using (Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric Paint) dries VERY fast, and the thing that sucks is that the parts that you WANT it to stick to, it doesn't always wanna, but anywhere it can possibly get overspray, it's a major pain to remove it (acetone seems to be the only thing that works). Not sure if I wanna mess with spraying the door panels or not, as such.

Have you had any of the stuff rub/scratch off easily on the door panels? ... particularly the arm rests?

Also, still trying to decide whether I should use flat or gloss black on the top. I mean, the 'vert top is about completely trashed - it's so dry and brittle that it cracks from the slightest bits of pressure here and there - but it still keeps the rain off your head (mostly, at least), so I'd just like to TRY to make it look better for the time being, until such a time as I can actually afford a new top...

Having a bit of the same luck with my '86 'vert. The stuff I've been using (Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric Paint) dries VERY fast, and the thing that sucks is that the parts that you WANT it to stick to, it doesn't always wanna, but anywhere it can possibly get overspray, it's a major pain to remove it (acetone seems to be the only thing that works). Not sure if I wanna mess with spraying the door panels or not, as such.

Have you had any of the stuff rub/scratch off easily on the door panels? ... particularly the arm rests?

Also, still trying to decide whether I should use flat or gloss black on the top. I mean, the 'vert top is about completely trashed - it's so dry and brittle that it cracks from the slightest bits of pressure here and there - but it still keeps the rain off your head (mostly, at least), so I'd just like to TRY to make it look better for the time being, until such a time as I can actually afford a new top...

nope door panels and armrest havent had any promblems from, mine stuck well was done when the temp was around 90* though.

Umm ... primer gray? :shrug:

only till summer....

They do have the pony that is blank and doesn't say 25 years

I could care less. Here's my '88 with a 1990GT OEM black interior in it. Right on the dash...a "25 years" emblem. Nobody ever reads the thing :shrug:

Interior3.jpg

gotta ask this? whats the point of the monster tach with the stock aod? or do you have 5 speed now?

ya i know i got one for mine a few weeks ago.'

repainted it too!

88mustang11-17-07009.jpg

after see your pic i think im going all black!

Well Ryan when you really start driving the car and it sees conditions like rain, 150-200 mile trips (or 800 in my case) it will start getting thing. I did all the prep, sprayed them in the right temp, and even recoated before anything ever went in. The arm rest on the drivers door wore through, I resprayed it, and it wore through once again. Part of the center console got scratched and the red shows through, and the sill plates as well.

Also only the 89 and 90 dashes with the pony logo say 25th, the 91 and later ones dont have a 25 on them.

Also my stock tach is close to 1000 RPM off, so I can see the use of one to have an idea of what RPM your turning!

only till summer....

gotta ask this? whats the point of the monster tach with the stock aod? or do you have 5 speed now?

The stock tach is WAY off. Mine was almost 1000RPM off near redline. I hate the 5" tach but i got it for $20

I sold it though. Now i have no tach at all. If i put one, it would be a small 3" version

Well Ryan when you really start driving the car and it sees conditions like rain, 150-200 mile trips (or 800 in my case) it will start getting thing. I did all the prep, sprayed them in the right temp, and even recoated before anything ever went in. The arm rest on the drivers door wore through, I resprayed it, and it wore through once again. Part of the center console got scratched and the red shows through, and the sill plates as well.

Also only the 89 and 90 dashes with the pony logo say 25th, the 91 and later ones dont have a 25 on them.

Also my stock tach is close to 1000 RPM off, so I can see the use of one to have an idea of what RPM your turning!

it saw a 175 mile trip last weekend...its been driven daily since the 1st of this month...still holding...400 miles strong so far...we will see...

that duplicolor is good! il prolly finish my black interior this weekend.

not that i dislike my red, but it has bends and scrapes.. looks like ass.
still gonna keep the black/red theme though.. just more balanced and easy on the eyes.

to bad my friends suck and gotta put their hands on everything.. il just get a rear seat delete.. who really needs friends..