bleeding 02 brake lines

rcracerx

Jul 6, 2008
I'm a little frustrated here. My step dad had attempted to change the brakes on the rear end of my mom's 02 V6 stang. I didn't ge a heads up on it till my step dad FUBARed it all up. He couldn't figure out how to get the piston back into the caliber, and decided to open up the bleeder valve.

So, I came in, got everything buttoned back up. I have the rear end bled out, but I can't find the proportioning valve to bleed out, where would I find that at??? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

If it's like the GT cars, there is a bleeder screw on each caliper and then two bleeder screws on the Master Cylinder. You bleed the caliper (not necessary to do them all if only the rear was opened) and then bleed the MC. The front bleeder is the rear brakes, the rear bleeder is the front brakes.

I'm not even sure if there are bleeders on the V6 MC though

i got the rears bled the other day at the caliper, I didn't notice and bleeders at the master cylinder. I didn't have enough time to get to it today, had to help my lil bro move into his new place, but it first in my priorities after i sleep in a bit.