Blew a headgasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a PI headswap on my 96 GT back in the day.

I had never done something like it before, and it all turned out all right. The motor did not have to come out of the car. When you do the bolts on the head, just use different combinations of extensions and you can get them all.

I would imagine if you had L/Ts it would make it a lot harder, but still doable.

• Sponsors (?)

Does the car have long tubes? If not, the heads can be pulled up through the engine bay. I have done it many times, hell I did it twice in one day. I normally can have both heads off with a few hours.

well, figured out what it is. hole in my block. looks like its time for a new block and a TT build. For everyone that said good for you for street racing, **** you i said nothing about street racing. Now, what block should I get that will handle any amount of HP i throw at it without breaking? a 4.6 block that handles 1000HP....is there any?

Breaking a stock iron modular block is rare. As a matter of fact, aside from a few hearsay remarks on the internet, I've never actually seen proof of one breaking at all due to stress. Your situation is a rare one indeed. Most guys are pushing well over 700hp through them without issue. If you must have something rated over 1,000hp though, the Teksid aluminum blocks in the early 4V Cobras are said to be good to somewhere in the 1,200hp mark, but be realistic....what are the chances you're going to make 1,000hp.....or even anything more than 400-700hp with a street set up?

If I were you, I'd abandon the idea of going overkill on looking for an expensive block, get yourself a used explorer engine (same set up as the ’99-’04 GT but with the added weight savings of an aluminum block), have the internal components fortified with forged pieces (if necessary) and call it a day. There's no sense wasting money on something you'll never use when it can be spent else ware of something you might. :)

well, figured out what it is. hole in my block. looks like its time for a new block and a TT build. For everyone that said good for you for street racing, **** you i said nothing about street racing. Now, what block should I get that will handle any amount of HP i throw at it without breaking? a 4.6 block that handles 1000HP....is there any?

Forged block my *ss... Have you checked the parts. My guess is that is a stock block and you broke a rod to vent the block.

Have you ever had the car on a dyno since you bought it?

Good luck on the TT build. I am sure you can find a great kit on ebay for like $150.00 :shrug::bs:

???

I would call MPH and talk to Tim about a built short block. You could also talk to him about a twin turbo setup... keep in mind you are going to spend some serious coin on a kit like that.... unless you fab one up. (do a search for hotmustang331 and twin turbo :) )

WIth someone that has no idea what they are doing behind the wheel, there is NO shortblock out there that WONT break. You need to learn how to appreciate what you have FIRST and try and treat it with respect. Also, you need to learn how to respect other people and not telling them to just screw off....and then whats worse is you ask for help. You have done that SO many times that im sure you have darn near run out of people that you havnt told to go screw themselves. So yea....grow up some and start acting like the owner of a powerful and wicked GT, instead of some punk kid.

The other thing to consider, is if you need a built TT GT....you couldnt hold your old near stock GT and sent that into the ditch. I couldnt even imagine what that race looked like with you in a S/C GT (bouncing rev limiters, and missing every gear while spinning all over the highway). Do you have any idea how much power 700HP is? Baby steps first...especially with someone who is what 18? Just jumping into all kinds of power is a death warrent, and even though I dont like you much.....I do NOT want to see you get yourself killed (and especially not anyone else).

With that said....ANY production 4.6 BLOCK will hold 1000HP. Blocks are not the issues. Your hole just didnt appear because the block is weak....something inside decided it wanted to see the light of day. Inotherwords, you probably threw a rod. If everything is intact, then it was a casting flaw and its the first time I have heard of any iron 4.6L block failing on its own.

Go ahead and open her up and see what you have. If the internals are good and not damaged....reuse them and have a good machine shop inspect everything and put it all into a fresh block. (best case) Most likely you will need some new internals, as im sure some heat damage was done and maybe even lost a piston. If you ran the car, then all that contaminated oil was pumped through your engine....could have scared the cams, all bearings, and even piston side skirts. You COULD possibly need to replace everything as a worst case. But there is no way to know until you tear everything apart.

BTW....street racing = BAD. Go look up some YOUtube vids, and think that that can happen to you....to anyone. Then think about if you get cought.....you go to jail, get HUGE fines, loose your job, and have that on your record. Is it really worth it? I used to street race myself....until I looked at everything and weighed it out about a month ago. Its just not worth it, I have too much going for me now, just to throw it away so I can see if my cars faster than someone elses. So I 100% gave it up....just like that. I really enjoyed it, especially when I won.....but its just not worth it and thank God I realize that now. I used to just laugh when the "anti street racers" jumped into a thread.....now ill be right there with them. :nice:

WIth someone that has no idea what they are doing behind the wheel, there is NO shortblock out there that WONT break. You need to learn how to appreciate what you have FIRST and try and treat it with respect. Also, you need to learn how to respect other people and not telling them to just screw off....and then whats worse is you ask for help. You have done that SO many times that im sure you have darn near run out of people that you havnt told to go screw themselves. So yea....grow up some and start acting like the owner of a powerful and wicked GT, instead of some punk kid.

The other thing to consider, is if you need a built TT GT....you couldnt hold your old near stock GT and sent that into the ditch. I couldnt even imagine what that race looked like with you in a S/C GT (bouncing rev limiters, and missing every gear while spinning all over the highway). Do you have any idea how much power 700HP is? Baby steps first...especially with someone who is what 18? Just jumping into all kinds of power is a death warrent, and even though I dont like you much.....I do NOT want to see you get yourself killed (and especially not anyone else).

With that said....ANY production 4.6 BLOCK will hold 1000HP. Blocks are not the issues. Your hole just didnt appear because the block is weak....something inside decided it wanted to see the light of day. Inotherwords, you probably threw a rod. If everything is intact, then it was a casting flaw and its the first time I have heard of any iron 4.6L block failing on its own.

Go ahead and open her up and see what you have. If the internals are good and not damaged....reuse them and have a good machine shop inspect everything and put it all into a fresh block. (best case) Most likely you will need some new internals, as im sure some heat damage was done and maybe even lost a piston. If you ran the car, then all that contaminated oil was pumped through your engine....could have scared the cams, all bearings, and even piston side skirts. You COULD possibly need to replace everything as a worst case. But there is no way to know until you tear everything apart.

BTW....street racing = BAD. Go look up some YOUtube vids, and think that that can happen to you....to anyone. Then think about if you get cought.....you go to jail, get HUGE fines, loose your job, and have that on your record. Is it really worth it? I used to street race myself....until I looked at everything and weighed it out about a month ago. Its just not worth it, I have too much going for me now, just to throw it away so I can see if my cars faster than someone elses. So I 100% gave it up....just like that. I really enjoyed it, especially when I won.....but its just not worth it and thank God I realize that now. I used to just laugh when the "anti street racers" jumped into a thread.....now ill be right there with them. :nice:

CODY:eek::hail2:

Im glad you gave up SR and have really matured alot(not that you were immature before you post or anything)

\

+1000 you really are a dumbass xxxmustangxxx, i dont know why your daddy keeps buying you ****, if you were my son id buy you a civic and slap your ass for being such a moron

haha i can imagine how that race went too, i cant believe you didn't learn your lesson when you wrecked your first mustang...god you're a retard...what a waste of nice mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.