blew my engine ..

jfran430

Jan 8, 2007
Connecticut
alright so just like the title says, i need a new engine .. appearnetly i had a leak or am burinig oil and it went bone dry. my own fault i geuss because i never check m oil. i always just change it at 2500 miles. never in a million years would i think i could lose that much that fast. but regardless the problem is internal (i had it towed to a ford dealership) so now im in the market for an engine. I have a 97 and i havent done any research yet because im trying to get this done quickly so im goign to ask her and then look around. what i do know is obv i have a 32 valve and the easiest would be to find a direct replacemtn form a 96-98. but then i have many more options like newer cobra's mach 1's lincoln's. what are my best bets and what should i watch out for? if my head were still good should i hold on to them to try on the new engine or intake? or what about wiring harness for all ? i have never done an engine swap but i have a kid who will do it and he said hed let me help(side job, but hes done plenty). soryr for so much guys but i need help!
oh and im sorry i blew up a cobra engine .. i really did baby this car ..

• Sponsors (?)

You have a 97 cobra motor? If so then you have a teksid block. Did the block get destroyed or did it just spin some bearings? If it was me I would just rebuild the one you have. If it is rebuildable then don't swap it for newer one. They are not as good.