Blew my intake apart last night

hotmustang331 said:
Direct port setup = like $1300. Might as well save up for a blower at that point...nitrous refills get prety pricy. I bet someone like Jay C could have bought atleast 1 supercharger kit by now.

Even if I had a supercharger (unless pushing over 10# boost) I'd be slower in the 1/4 than on the juice....but that's another debate:lol:

Jay

• Sponsors (?)

JayC said:
Even if I had a supercharger (unless pushing over 10# boost) I'd be slower in the 1/4 than on the juice....but that's another debate:lol:

Jay

True N20 > S/C in direct power comparisons to a point. TONS of torque and only about 30#s added in weight.

In your situation, ill admit, for a stock engine and drag strip use or just fun when you need it...N20 is probably the best bet. If tuned properly and 125 shot, it should be very safe...and will drive away from most S/C cars.

But only problem is that with an S/C you can keep going up in power, once your forge the engine....shots of N20 that get up in the 200HP range to compete really start to become dangerous and usually blow rings or spin bearings it seems. S/C all the way for 500+RWHP apps.

BUT TURBO > ALL! LOL :D

hotmustang331 said:
True N20 > S/C in direct power comparisons to a point. TONS of torque and only about 30#s added in weight.

In your situation, ill admit, for a stock engine and drag strip use or just fun when you need it...N20 is probably the best bet. If tuned properly and 125 shot, it should be very safe...and will drive away from most S/C cars.

But only problem is that with an S/C you can keep going up in power, once your forge the engine....shots of N20 that get up in the 200HP range to compete really start to become dangerous and usually blow rings or spin bearings it seems. S/C all the way for 500+RWHP apps.

BUT TURBO > ALL! LOL :D

I totally agree:nice:

Jay

Sho is :D. You want to buy it? Make me an offer and we can work from there. Ill be up front and tell you that I payed somewhere around $100 for the pump and basket.

All I want to sell is the pump itself. the SVT basket is supposedly EXACTLY the same as the GT....I just want this basket so I can drill the holes out now.

All you have to do is pull your stock pump out of the stock basket. Unclip the quick connector. Drill some holes in your stock basket...clean the plastic out and slide your new pump in. Tighten the little nuts back down (to hold the pump in place) and plug the connector in. DONE.

I know stangman (maybe spreadman lol) made like 420RWHP with 42# injectors and a focus pump. Should be good for you right now.

EDIT: Drilling holes is NOT required, but W/O them (about 1/2 way up zig zagging up and down...5/8 bit. Drill some on the top too..or just bore out the 2 that are there) the pump can suck the basket dry! NOT good, so the holes let it have fuel at all times.

let's see a year of spraying the crank outta my lil 2v. And well my times aren't as quick as Jay's I do make a tad more power right Buddy :D
As for the whole cost thing, I will have to go through LOTS of nitrous before it will be to the point I could've bought a form of FI.
I do agree with the shot sizing and most stock bottom end cars 100 shot is where to stay at. I have and hence why I'm a touch slower.
Now for the backfire.... nitrous is not flammable it is an oxider. fuel is what puddles fuel is what goes BOOM!!!!.

Now like Jay I'd like to see all the great direct port systems everyone keeps talking about with some timeslips or #'s to back up all the finger running. On a stock bottom end stock head stock cam 2v mod motor.

Oh and I gotta question for you Hot. If you drill the basket out, what filters the gas?

BooWFO said:
Oh and I gotta question for you Hot. If you drill the basket out, what filters the gas?

Well whats retarded is that the basket has a filter attached to it...AND the fuel pump has a filter on it...AND there is an inline filter too. Basically the pumps filter should do the job for the halfway big stuff, and the inline filter will catch any small stuff before it goes to the injectors. The fuel pump just cant get anything BIG into it. :nice:

I have some pictures of my modified basket...pics coming in a sec.