Blowe + 07 Auto = ???

Ok, looking to add a supercharger to my 07 soon. Keep hearing the auto transmission is only good for about 420-450hp. Is there anything you can do to beef it up? Would like to get close to 500. Any advice other than trading…

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, looking to add a supercharger to my 07 soon. Keep hearing the auto transmission is only good for about 420-450hp. Is there anything you can do to beef it up? Would like to get close to 500. Any advice other than trading…

Funny thing happened at a S&S a month ago. People kept asking the guy parked next to me if he'd found a tranny for his other stang yet. He'd respond "no - not yet". I finally asked him about it and he said he put a procharger in his '07 coupe (he had a vert at the show) and had blown up the auto. He'd been looking for one but needed specifically the '07 model year - had something to do with the electronics being specific to '07. Apparently a new one from Ford was long delivery and very pricey. I told him that I had one that came along with an engine that I'd bought out of a wreck (only 5200 miles). I traded him the tranny for some other parts he had. Worked out for both of us. The moral of the story is, at least for him putting too much HP through his auto led to alot of grief. :shrug:

When you put a lot of power through a torque converter, trans fluid temps go way up. So, get a transmission cooler to keep from cooking the trans.

I've got a very mild, non-intercooled Vortech V-2 S-trim blower on my '07 GT automatic and it's doing quite well after 5 months of hard driving and a day of hot-lapping at the dragstrip recently. I'm actually more worried about the heat being generated by the aftermarket stall converter than I am about the hp from the blower.