blower motor relay

i know this is a mustang tech spot and usually i have mustang questions or answers! but i have a a 97 ford explorer! the heater control for the fans speeds dont all work the high ones work but the low ones dont! Ive been told its either the blower motor! or the control itself! but more than likely its the blower motor relay! does anyone here know where this relay for the blower motor is?:shrug: i can find it and I'm not sure what I'm looking for! thanks for any help!

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same issue in my Mustang, blower only works on high. The part needed to fix it is a resistor block which has resistors for the lower speeds. The reason being, all the resistors are blown on the low speeds, but max blower speed is straight through with no resistor.

Not sure if it's the same on an exploder but most likely.

I belive it is a small rectangular box mounted underneath the dash beside the glove compartment. I saw it while i was doing my heatercore change. I think you on my Stang i can just remove the glove compartment inside and then reach beside, unclip it from the harness and pop in a new one.