blower woes??

jgfiveoh

May 8, 2006
Topeka, KS
looking at centrifigal superchargers

how much boost could i get away with? 9.7:1 cr

would i have to go intercooled or not?

what do u recommend for a blower? i was looking for around 400 HP

could a novi 1000 get me there? or should i just go procharger?

• Sponsors (?)

9.7 to 1 is pretty steep for a blower. That being said it is not impossible. Personally I would look up corvettes applications. The reason i say this is there is a guy (i don't know his name) but he installs blowers on vettes. They are i believe 10.5 to 1 compression if not a little higher. I believe that he runs a 6 spi boost. It can be done but you need to tune for it. Look it up and get your answers.

9.7 to 1 is pretty steep for a blower. That being said it is not impossible. Personally I would look up corvettes applications. The reason i say this is there is a guy (i don't know his name) but he installs blowers on vettes. They are i believe 10.5 to 1 compression if not a little higher. I believe that he runs a 6 spi boost. It can be done but you need to tune for it. Look it up and get your answers.

I know the ls6 runs at 10.5, but I'm not sure about the ls2 and ls7. ls1s are 10.1 and borderline safe boost at 8lbs, so 9.7 should be 8-9lbs of boost "safely".

Ever look into turbos? I would go turbo>positive displacement blowers (roots type)>centrifugal blowers. Intercoolers are ALWAYS recommended. Root type blowers like Kenne Bell usually are not intercooled while turbos and centrifugal usually are intercooled. I've seen light turbo applications at about 5lbs run without an intercooler, but I would get one just to be safe.

I know the ls6 runs at 10.5, but I'm not sure about the ls2 and ls7. ls1s are 10.1 and borderline safe boost at 8lbs, so 9.7 should be 8-9lbs of boost "safely".

Ever look into turbos? I would go turbo>positive displacement blowers (roots type)>centrifugal blowers. Intercoolers are ALWAYS recommended. Root type blowers like Kenne Bell usually are not intercooled while turbos and centrifugal usually are intercooled. I've seen light turbo applications at about 5lbs run without an intercooler, but I would get one just to be safe.

Well atleast I was pointing him in the right direction. Yes I agree that whatever he does it should be intercooled.