Blown 03GT Wasted by 383 Stroker

Tyson98GT

May 12, 2005
Ok here is the scenario. My roomate has 2003 GT with an 8PSI Procharger, 2 Core Intercooler, 42LB Fuel Injectors, 75mm Accufab Throttle Body and Plenum, stock exhaust with weld in 40 series haha. 2 inch eibach drop with 295's out back. Ok so, We found another one of my friends last night and he has a 68' Nova with a built 383. His 383 has all forged internals, Air Flow Research Heads, Eldebrock Intake, Comp Camp, Long Tube Hooker Headers, Full 3inch Exhaust, X-Pipe, Iron Tough Mufflers. MRT 4 Speed Manual with a Hurst Shifter.

Ok so the mustang got rapped by 3 or 4 car lengths.
I don't no how the Nova beat him that bad!!

• Sponsors (?)

Tyson98GT said:
Ok here is the scenario. My roomate has 2003 GT with an 8PSI Procharger, 2 Core Intercooler, 42LB Fuel Injectors, 75mm Accufab Throttle Body and Plenum, stock exhaust with weld in 40 series haha. 2 inch eibach drop with 295's out back. Ok so, We found another one of my friends last night and he has a 68' Nova with a built 383. His 383 has all forged internals, Air Flow Research Heads, Eldebrock Intake, Comp Camp, Long Tube Hooker Headers, Full 3inch Exhaust, X-Pipe, Iron Tough Mufflers. MRT 4 Speed Manual with a Hurst Shifter.

Kids. Dont you know not to play with the big boys. A built 302 will crush a 8psi gt, you didnt expect to get torn a new one by a built chevy 383?

squares98 said:
Kids. Dont you know not to play with the big boys. A built 302 will crush a 8psi gt, you didnt expect to get torn a new one by a built chevy 383?

x2...

Novas are light, that 383 is a built stroker with the heads/cam/intake with 102 more CI to start with. Your buddy is probaly making somewhere in the mid-300 HP range with his 8 psi... The Nova probaly laughs at that number.

thats funny, just last week my friend got his 94 camaro with a 383 stroker and we raced and i had him by like 3 or 4 cars. We were gonna race from a dead stop but we both spin like crazy so we did it a la ricer from a 20 mph roll and from a 40 mph roll and i beat him both times, i'm gonna have to make a vid of the next time we race.maybe it will be at a track next time, who knows.
Oh yeah and he is guesstimating 500 hp too!! but i think hes full of it because my car has around 440 at the crank so he cant be running 500hp, i think he has just a bit over 400. who knows.

PonyboyIsaac said:
thats funny, just last week my friend got his 94 camaro with a 383 stroker and we raced and i had him by like 3 or 4 cars. We were gonna race from a dead stop but we both spin like crazy so we did it a la ricer from a 20 mph roll and from a 40 mph roll and i beat him both times, i'm gonna have to make a vid of the next time we race.maybe it will be at a track next time, who knows.
Oh yeah and he is guesstimating 500 hp too!! but i think hes full of it because my car has around 440 at the crank so he cant be running 500hp, i think he has just a bit over 400. who knows.

Yeah and I know for a fact that the Nova is lighter than the mustang. Some of those Novas are light!! Oh yeah by the way good choice on the Kenne Bell, I love them so much more than a procharger, vortech, paxton, whatever KB is the way to go thats for sure.

P.S. 93-97 Camaro's Butt Ugly

Tyson98GT said:
Yeah and I know for a fact that the Nova is lighter than the mustang. Some of those Novas are light!! Oh yeah by the way good choice on the Kenne Bell, I love them so much more than a procharger, vortech, paxton, whatever KB is the way to go thats for sure.

watch out with what u say about Centrificals around here, gear banger might show up and rip u a new one:D
But yeah i was kinda fearing the 383 but i seriously didnt have that much trouble with him, not like i thought anyway.
and yes 93-97 camaros are butt ugly lol

Tyson98GT said:

I bet if your roomate put a 12 psi. pulley on his Procharger and had full exhaust longtubes,mid pipe,catback the outcome would have not been
as worse.

a customer owned a (whateveryear)chevyII.

383. tattattat...tattattat...tattattat cam.

huge converter(8")

we could push it up on the lift with 3 of us. fibreglass clip (notrunningheadersneededtobemade)

gear(4.10)

with n2o ran 10.0. 11's without n2o.
hard to beat 2000# and ~500hp.

full street exhaust made by me.

Tyson98GT said:

My friend has a 02 ss running a 383 stroker, blue print/balanced, forged and dyno's 450rwhp. Run's low 11's through an auto trans and with et streets.

deftsound said:
i wouldnt doubt of that stock exhaust is holding him back a lot, he needs lt headers and 3" exhaust

I know I always tell him its good for like 20-30 horsepower, but he said he likes his car quite and I just :nonono: He said he would get exahust if he could find a powerful quite exhaust.

Yea with a stock shortblock mustang (up to the norm of 420RWHP) cant really go LS1 F body/old GM muscle car hunting. You can get raped real quick in a 400HP stang...alot of people think "I have a supercharger on my GT, so I can take any small block N/A car out there".

The guys who are really dillusional are the supra guys....they dont worry about big cam N/A cars...or anything really because most peeps dont have their crap setup right.